cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns Process -MTO Scenerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody tell me how returns are processed in MTO Scenerio.As being it a special stock iam unable to process as like MTS scenerio.Iam using movement type 651 for return processing in MTS order scenerio

Which movement type should i use is it been the return goods are sent to QI and brought back to unrestricted stock.Plz anybody throw some light on this issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please have a look at SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/a5/63360a43a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Depending on how Customizing for Sales is configured (the movement type is configured in the step Define Schedule Line Category), the delivery is posted to the following stock:

- Blocked stock returns (non-valuated, not unrestricted-use) (movement type 651)

- Unrestricted-use stock (movement type 653)

- Quality inspection stock (movement type 655)

- Blocked stock (movement type 657)

If the given quantity is posted to blocked stock returns first, you can make a manual goods movement posting in the Inventory Management component to transfer the quantity to valuated stock.

So, you have to use mvt 655 to post the goods to QI stock. If you check 655 in OMJJ you will see that special stock "E" is supported.

Regards,

Csaba

maruthi_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

I have a doubt regarding the Accounting document for this Mvt type 653.

For this MTO returns process, the material document is generated. But related Accounting document is not generated !!

Why ? Will this accounting document not at all get generated during 653 mvt typ ??

If it should generate an Accounting document then what configuration should i do in SD and MM areas ?

Is there any standard SAP help documentation where i can see whether related to movement type 653 and subsequent documents generation for this MTO Returns process ?

Advice me.

Thanks

Maruthi Ram

Edited by: MARUTHI RAM on Jun 24, 2009 4:55 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You already got a suggestion to your original thread. Check that and post the feedback.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

what is the problem u r encountered when processing returns order. Generally it should happen as like the normal returns process.

Cheers,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u can use movement type 651,653,655 and 657 according to criteria where u want stock after returns.

regards

cm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

change the movement type to 653.

Thanks,

Raja