cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Procurement without SUS

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! We are currently running on Extended Classic Scenario. I understand that there are 2 types of service procurement - classic and external staffing. Both talks about the use of SUS which will not support confirmation and invoicing for extended classic scenario (unless some consultancy from SAP). So, my question is whether I can run these 2 service procurement scenarios without the use of SUS? I would assume Yes but just like to get some confirmation here.

Thanks!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SF

You can use the Classic Service Procurement with out SUS and the External Staffing normally involves the suppliers to submit the bids You don't need SUS for this too. SUS is only required if you want to involve suppliers for order Collaboration.

hope this helps.

regds

velu

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Loose integration would work in extended classic scenario with the exception of not able to do Time recording feature for service confirmation.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if in SRM 7.0 the new Service Procurement External Staffing scenario would work in the Extended classic scenario implementation? Or is this only supported in standalone?

Do we have to custom build the document exchange between ECC - SRM - SUS for confirmation and invoice documents like in SRM 5.0. I am searching for a possibilty to let the service agents themselfs fill in the confirmation with the service entry sheet.

If the extended classic scenario is supported then we are quickly done. Other possibility is to let an existing web application (to capture time sheets) generate a XML confirmation message and send this message to EBP via XI. This way the hours can also be captured. Invoicing can then by handled e.g. by ERS. What do you think?

Thx.

Skander

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two service prcurement business scenarios in sap srm.

1. service procurement with loose supplier integration

2. service procurement with closed supplier integration

In loose integration, you procure services using supplier catalogs and dont need any SUS. check the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/6e/1f311d7d73574c8db7525ffffa9746/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sanjeev

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for the information. I read in that dcumentation about Loose Suplier Integration that it works in a standalone environment and this is where I have trouble with. Would this process works if the SRM system is in an extended classic scenario?

Regards

SF