Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE16 change logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a users edits a Table using SE16 in which Table can we see the change logs.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A user will have access to lot many tables via se16. So please check the changes via Audit Log. Go to sm20 and take the log. You need to give the date, user id and take the log for all application servers. It will give you the necessary out put. Please check and let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

In SM20N Log it doesn't show what Tables has the user changed or executed it shows only the T-Code is started or the user downloaded the report.

I checked the TABLE CDHDR Table it shows all the T-Codes which are updated but it is not showing tables updated using SE16.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you should have the parameter...rec_client enabled to record the table changes in the client.

Search for rec_client parameter in SDN, check its documentation in RZ10.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Search for sm20 Thread in this forum you will get the details. If you still have any issue in extracting the log please let me know.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Table logging must be active for viewing the change logs of a table.Changes to tables are logged in table DBTABPRT provided the profile parameters & the "Log data changes" flag for the particular table being logged is checked ( thru SE13 ).Table logging can be viewed through txn SCU3.

For enabling table logging, you can have a look at the profile parameter rec/client which specifies whether the SAP System logs changes to table data in all clients or only in specific clients.However, it is recommended to set this parameter for all clients in case of a production system.

Thanks,

Saby..