cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Target Satefy Stock Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am getting this strange problem of Target Safety Stock Macro. I have copied the standard planning book/ data 9ASNP94/ SNP94(1). All the macros were successfully copied. When I load the location product in the planning book, the target safety stock value is showing the sum of the demand in the entire horizon instead of looking at the target day's supply. I am facing this problem when loading the location product into the copied planning book. However, when i load the location product into the standard planning book, the value are correct.

I compared the target safety stock level macro in both the planning book and they are exactly same.

Did any of you faced this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi, Pushpinder,

Did you have this issue resolved? I am working with Pankaj here and we are experiencing exactly the same issue. This macro works in all data views except the daily view. We even copied the macro from another data view that is working but still it is not working in the daily view. It is summing up the total demand for the whole planning horizon instead of the target days.

thanks,

-Ruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Include time series(calendar) while writing the macros.

Your time series will be different from standard one.

Regards,

Santosh

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pushpinder ,

Iam not sure whether you have an issue with one key figure or more . Target stock , safety stock and days supply are generally calculated and stored in different key figures . Anyways here are some things that you can check

1. The macros generally get deactivated when you copy them from one P.B to another. Make sure you have activated all the macros.

2. In some cases even if the macro is active in the target PB the key figures in the macro may be totally different from that in the source PB. So it is better to open up the macros in the source and target P.B's and thoroughly compare them

3. Check if the default macros , exit macros and level change macros are in the same order in the source and target PB's

Check this out and update me

Thanks

Saradha