cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: File does not begin with '%PDF-'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am constantly getting this message when i click on certain PDF documents stored in my collaboration rooms.

Strangely, this is not happening for all the PDF docs and is only applicable to a few documents.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Vibhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using a setup involving Apache configured as reverse proxy. If you do, and if the Apache version is 2.0.54, that's the problem.

Otherwise, this would need to be investigated using HTTP traces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that we are using Apache 2.0.54 as a reverse proxy.

Could you also suggest a solution for this problem?

Regards,

Vibhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Update to Apache 2.0.55.

Best regards, Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Our great basis team was able to resolve the issue. The problem is related to scenarios where apache is being used as a reverse proxy to ignore requests for chunked responses. You do not need to reinstall apache but add the following line in apache config:

RequestHeader unset range

Regards,

Vibhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

that seems to be a good alternative (I think you'll need mod_headers for that, but that may be present by default...).

Best regards, Julian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!!

Even I am facing this error on our portal we have used apache as reverse proxy but for internet and we are accessing the portal through intranet. Could you please suggest some solution for it.

Thanks and Regards

Umang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i also facing this problem, im running APACHE 2.2.0 for my SAP ITS 6.20. i already added parameter below in my httpd.conf file but still cant print PDF.

RequestHeader unset range

any idea?

thanks

PAUL