SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket and QCI Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to IS-OIL, trying to familiarize the process. When i try to confirm a ticket, i am getting this error message.

"Quantity Conversion Interface: No response fro external programs"

My system is not connected to any external application. How can i save the Ticket without going through this check.

Please help.

Thanks

BOB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody please help me on this?.

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody please help me on this?.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Are you ticketing an oil&gas specific material? In that case, you need to either maintain customizing for QCI. Either you configure the external system routines or chose to activate the SAP delivered conversion routines. These customizing can be found under the 'Oil&Gas Downstream- > HPM' node.

0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the reply.

I am ticketing an OIL and GAS specific material. I checked the customizing for QCI, but didnt see the customizing for SAP delivered conversion routines. Can you please help?

Thanks

Bob

0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

One small correction. There is no standard conversion given by SAP. But there is a provision that customers can write their own conversions if they are not using external c-routines from API( American Petroleum Institute ).

In cas you want to write the conversion yourself, you can have to specify that in the conversion group defiition under Industry Solution Oil & Gas (Downstream)->HPM (Hydrocarbon Product Management)->Measurement Standards->Quantity Conversion Interface (QCI) Configuration->Define Conversion Group and External Function Module Settings

The conversion can be a simple ABAP Function Module which you can write.

Most of teh customers use the c-routines given by API.

0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I am not so familiar with ABAP coding, is there any alternative to to SAVE the ticket for oil and gas specific material. Is it possible not to check the Conversion when we Save the ticket.

If we use API routines, will the system check for external interface, is there any internal API routines in the system.

Thanks for your help

Bob

0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

you can go forward as described in SAP note 83265 ... therein, report ROIB_QCI_SET_OIB01_INT_EXT is noted, which allows you to disable the quantity conversion,

Kind regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the solution, problem solved.

I ran the report given in note and now the system is taking internal conversion routines

Bob

markus_seng2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

just one additional remark:

the SAP online help :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/70/23cb9a419311d2ac100000e829fbfe/content.htm

summarizes the options you have, either write your own routines, utilize the so called API c-codes, or use third party software for quantity conversions like that offered by http://www.quantityware.com ,

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Markus