Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the RoadMap text in CAT Record Working Time webdynpro app

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am working on the CAT Time sheet entry application. In Record working time page at top contains the

following 3 steps of Road Map.

1--

> 2--

> 3

Edit Review & Save Completed

By default 2nd step text displays the " Review & Save" . This text needs to be changed to "Save and Submit".

Please let me know , how i can change that text, where i need to change to reflect this change.

I have went through the Inside the "ess~cat" dc number of webdynpro components. I havent come accross any of these components contains this road map element. I felt that it must be defined some where in the FPM as configurator component.

Please let me know what my guess is correct. If so, what is the procedure for changing the road map element text.

In which component i will find that UI element to change. Please give some complete information to change.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

You should consider downloading Self Service Administrator sca file and deploy it on Portal and assign the Self Service Administrator role to yourself....then it becomes very easy to modify those texts....

Regards,

Shikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Go to ESS / CAT

1. Go to CcCatRecord

2. Open the node and

3. Click on Message Pool

4. Now Go to detail / review Text .. Make an activity and check out the changes .

Hope it helps ..

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

You can do this by two ways.

1. iView Personalization (EP 7)

Open the desired iView in the Portal Content Studio from the 'Content Administration' tab and preview the iView. From the preview ctrl + right click on the desired Road Map Step and change it accordingly through the personalization screen.

Depending on the way you wanted users to see this screen open either the iView directly from 'iViews' folder or select it from the 'Roles' folder.

2. Change it from the FPM Application Editor

You need to have 'Self Service Administrator' role assigned to you to get the 'Self-Service Administration' tab on the portal.

Open the relevant FPM application and can change the Road Map Steps.

Hope this might help you.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

As per my knowledge the DC contains the Road map step in the COnfiguration component thatis CCComponent of that DC,

check in the interface controller of the CCComponent of the ess/cat DC, then you can find the load configurations method, in that you can modify the road map step names, if your application is in the EP version 7.0 then you can change in the portal it self by using self service administrator role,

Cheers,

Appu