cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add new fields to the system form (Ex.expenses to a/r invoice form)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can any one tell me how to add new fields to the system form (Ex.expenses to a/r invoice form)

i want to add expenses field to system a/r invoice form and connect data base also.

i used the code of samples\11.system form manipulation(vb.net) but i'm not able to get it....so can any one help with code or concepts.

reply soon plz..

thankQ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood you correctly, you are just trying to add new fields to the invoice form and then use them in your form. you should first go and add the field to your tables, which you would do by going to Tool --> User Defined Fields --> Manage User Fields. There are different documents or categories given. For ex. for invoices, Sales Orders you would add your field under the Marketing Documents. If you want the field to be just one per invoice, add it to the Title, otherwise if you want a field per invoice or Sales Order line, add it to the Rows section. Once you have done that then you can just create a edit box or drop down to represent the field and set the datasource for that to your field. If you want example code to do that, let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Adnan Bilwani ,

thanks for u'r reply and i try with u r concept ,i added a field and i tryed with code to link with data but i'm not able 2 connect.I WANT TO DISPLAY THAT FIELD IN A/R INVOICE FORM (free space of form)

the filed in the sense i add one label name as ADDITIONAL EXPENSES1 AND A EDIT TEXT BOX .so if i add data in this new field which is located in a/r invoice form can add THAT DATA TO THE RELATED TABLE.AND IF I WANT UP DATE THAT ALSO I CAN ABLE TO DO.

what u said also same but i explain clearly what i was doing.......so plz send the code ( i tryed with some code but i failed to connect)

Answers (0)