cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wild Card Search in VC against BI query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the wild card search possible in VC. I want implement wild card search against a BI query. Any leads on this would be helpful.

thanks,

AE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes,its possible but this is availbl in Value help not in outtables of the BI querys.

Reagrds,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

Thanks for the reply. I need it in value help only. Can you explain me in detail.

thanks,

AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your query the variable should be with 'Multiple Single values or Interval' type. Then to create value help follow the steps below -

1. Drag Input form & select the required variables in it.

2. Right click on that input form & go to 'Value Help' Option.

3. Create Value help for that field based on Master data of that field.

4. In run time you will get one 'Push Button' besides 'Input Field'.

5. If you click on this you will get one pop up there you enter like "10*" you will get all the values starting with "10..".

6. After selecting this through value help, in input box you will get something like "10*::GT:1"

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I know how to get the value help, but the 10* seach wont return any values at all. If I do a blank search it returns the whole list. I don't think BI query accepts any kind of wild card.

Is there any alternate way like filter the list in VC once, the list is returned from the query. I checked the filter element in VC, but it only allow values in it and not variables to filter the result list.

regards,

AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Filter will not accept any variable, you are right there.

Value help which i said is working in my case. It will work only if the variable is 'Multiple single Options'. Aslo you need to select first selection type (e.g greater than,between) then if you enter '10*' it works.

It will not work if your variable is single value. Also if its not working in your case then enter the expression "10*::GT:1" directly & then see what is coming.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I have created value help from a BI Charactaristic, and not any variables to select "Multiple Single Options" etc. And the search works if I put 10*::GT:1. What does this expression mean?

It returns all the values Greater than the entered text. But what we are looking for is "LIKE" search. If we enter 10* it should return only values starting with 10.

Please let us know.

thanks,

AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What you said is right. '10::GT:1' this expression means values which are greater than 10, so the result you are getting is right. But you want 'LIKE' search which will not work exactly as you want.

You have to select 'Selection option' as 'Between' & enter the min & max value for the range you want & the expression for that will be "1002:1009:BT:1'. (This will fetch all the values between 1002 & 1009).

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I figured out a way to do the like search. You can do it by '10::CP:1' . It will list you all the values starting with 10. Have another question though, the search goes against the key for the charactaristic, can we change it somehow to search the text.

Let me know.

thanks,

AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

we are working on the same concept of wild card for the characteristic Customer name in BI, what should be the wild card type for Customer name in Visual Composer.

Regards,

Bhaskhar Rao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the link below. Possible solution is clearly explained.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards

Sandeep