cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Process parameter setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to set the Oracle PROCESS parameter in a 10g CRM system. I reviewed OSS note 830576 for the formula but I am not sure where to get the <max-connection> information. Any help would be great!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"max-connections" is the maximum number of connections (also called pool size) of the J2EE system DataSource.

You can set the value of this parameter using the VisualAdmin.

To check/change this parameter refer section "[Increase maximum number of connections and/or the waiting time|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/5c/2f2c4142aef623e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]" at this link,

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maximum Number of Processes for the Oracle User

After reading the procedure at Limiting Maximum Number of Open File Descriptors for the Oracle User you should now have an understanding of "soft" and "hard" limits and how to change shell limits.

To see the current limit of the maximum number of processes for the oracle user, run:

$ su - oracle

$ ulimit -u

Note the ulimit options are different for other shells.

To change the "soft" and "hard" limits for the maximum number of processes for the oracle user, add the following lines to the /etc/security/limits.conf file:

oracle soft nproc 2047

oracle hard nproc 16384

To make this change permanent, you could add "ulimit -u 16384" (for bash) to the ~oracle/.bash_profile file which is the user startup file for the bash shell on Red Hat Linux (to verify your shell execute echo $SHELL). To do this you could simply copy/paste the following commands for oracle's bash shell:

su - oracle

cat >> ~oracle/.bash_profile << EOF

ulimit -u 16384

EOF

To make the above changes permanent, you could also set the soft limit equal to the hard limit in /etc/security/limits.conf which I prefer:

oracle soft nproc 16384

oracle hard nproc 16384

Hope this help you

Regards

Sirigiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! I found the max-connection parameter using the link you provided.

Edited by: thefarside2004 on Jun 16, 2009 8:29 PM