cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Scenario File-RFC-File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to get a scenario working where XI is sourcing a file from a file share, maps the content to a structure of an R/3 Function Module which is called via the RFC Adapter and finally mapping the RFC result into a different file structure, which is then loaded to a file share via File Adapter.

I have configured this scenario and during execution XI is successfully loading the file, mapping and sending the message to the function module. Unfortunately the RFC response is not working. In R/3 the function module works as expected and provides the data but XI is not sourcing the data. In XI Monitoring there is no sign of a failure. It just tells me that the content was successfully transferred to R/3.

I was wondering if such a scenario is working at all without BPM but I am not sure. The message interfaces are all set-up asynchronisly.

If somebody had a similar experience or knows how to solve this I would very much appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since the rfc has to send a reply to XI,the interface has to be synchronous interface so tat i can sed a reply to XI,wher the XI can use this reply and send data to the file structure through file adapter.SO change the interface in RFC as synchronous.

regards

jithesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done a similar scenario but u cannot do this with out bpm. You need four interfaces for doing this scenario.

1) file_outbound_asynch

2) file_inbound_asynch

3) file_synch

4) rfc_synch

You will be having two message mappings..

1) mapping your file input to import parameters of rfc

2) mapping ur rfc export parameters to your file output.

As RFC adapter is a synchronous one it expects another synchronous adapter on the other side, so we need a bpm to work out this scenario.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Alexander,

As the RFC you are calling is giving a response back to you, <b>the RFC interface be a Synchronous Interface</b>.

Map the source file with the request message and map the response to the destination file message and it should work fine.

<i>I was wondering if such a scenario is working at all without BPM but I am not sure.</i>

Also, this is possible using a BPM and cannot be done without the BPM.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexender,

You can do this scenario only with BPM.

the weblog is a good example

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards

Vijaya