Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments in Adobe form for ISR in Employee Interaction center

abhishekjain
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to attach a document to Adobe form which uses ISR scenario.

I am using the attachment option of PDF but the attachment is not going through.

I am using standard ISR scenarion SEIC.

Can anyone please let me know if there is any other method for attaching the doc. to Adobe form and send the Adobe form to agents inbox using Workflow.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abhishekjain
Participant
0 Kudos

close

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For HCM Process and Forms, we do have the ability to attach documents while working on our interactive forms and we can pass those along and even pull them up in CASE Mgmt later.

However, with EIC, I am not exactly sure. I would think you could do this.

Not trying to advertise here, but ANY time I have EIC questions now (since HCM P&F at times touches EIC), I contact Jarret Pazahanick and/or Chandon Gopalani from EICExperts.com. Those guys know their stuff with EIC!

You can find them on here on this forum (Jarret Pazahanick posts a lot). Hopefully, Jarret will find this post on his own. 😃

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the kinds words Chris and I was able to find this I think everyone knows but Chris is a guru when it comes to the HCM P&F as ESS which he has shown by all his blogs, posts and mentor status.

As far the question, in general, attachments are not available for the ISR for EIC (out of the box).

A couple of options that you could consider.

1. You may be able to use the custom event in the adobe form, and attach a script routine to this event to link the attachment to the PDF form.

2. Trigger a custom process instead of the ISR from the ESS.

abhishekjain
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jarret.

If possible can you please provide me any sample code for the above mentioned steps.

Also, with the data filled on the form Notification is created and workflow is triggered and this workflow will create a work item in Agents Inbox.

Will the above steps work to send the attachment to the Agents Inbox and using the Inbox data; Activity will be created.

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We do not provide sample code on SDN.

It is possible with the data filled on the form Notification is created and workflow is triggered and this workflow will create a work item in Agents Inbox.

abhishekjain
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

For first option {1. You may be able to use the custom event in the adobe form, and attach a script routine to this event to link the attachment to the PDF form.}

Can you please let me know how we can add a custom Event for scripting?

Also i dont know Java script so can you please provide me any reference from where we can start the coding/ writing a Script to add the attachments.

For the second option { 2. Trigger a custom process instead of the ISR from the ESS.}

What custom process can we use. Can we go ahead with HCM forms and processes to achieve the functionality?

b_deterd2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read somewhere that online scenarios with attachments are not supported. I think there is a note about this which describes the reasons for this.

Regards,

Bert

abhishekjain
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Is there any possibility of getting the form name?

For eg; we are editing a Adobe form, for this form can we get the form name that SAP stores internally so that depending on form name we can add attachments to Adobe forms.

SAP has provided a report "FP_PDF_TEST_16" to add the attachments to the PDF.