cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify email when changing status cFolder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have set up the tool cFolder to send emails, but we want to change the format, style and text of these emails.

Is there any way they are in HTML format and we can change the content?

Best Regards,

Jennifer Lohan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm too late here but I had the same problem and solved it using standard new BADI implementation

/SAPPSSRM/BD_TENDERING_MAIL

Method: ~MAIL_TNDR_OPEN

There you have the option to change the content of the email using your own logic based on the inbound GUID parameter.

Best regards

Sebastian Garofalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jennifer,

This is very much possible in cFolder-status management.

Steps as below

1.Create Status profile

2.Create status ie created,approved or released

3.create status transition define Initial Status & Target Status

4.Click on staus transition you have created & then click on create,To create a new action

5. To create a status action, enter a name and then choose Save. As soon as an object changes from status New Status1 to status New Status2, the system sends out a notification. Automatic or Manual

If you select manual notification,you will change the format, style and text of the emails.

otherwise system automatically send notification

Hope this will help you to change the format, style and text of these emails.

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

From what you say is impossible to change the style and format. The only thing is you can change the content of the email ... but nothing more ...

Is there another way? So that the mail has the company logo, colors, format HTML etc ....

Thanks,

Jennifer Lohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

I am working on the same Problem.

Have you solved this??

By now i found the points in the coding where to change from simple txt Mails to HTML formated Mails (per modification).

Now I try to build the design (also per modification).

Do you found another way to solve this???

Best Regards

Helmut Wenzler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

I am working on the same problem too.

In the mean time did you find a solution without doing the modifications you mentioned?

If not, can you please tell me where did you do the modifications for HTML formated mails and mail design?

Do you also know where can we change the standard text provided in the notfications?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

André Sousa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello André,

no i found no other way, i was doing it per modification.

I changed report CFX_SEND_REPORT_EMAIL, Form create_report_email:

First thing is to change the calling of method cl_cfx_email_util=>send_email you have to add the parameter I_MAIL_DOC_TYPE = 'HTM' to it, because the method sends default 'txt' Mails.

Then i manually added HTML code in the Form create_report_email.

It looks like this:

concatenate

'<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"'

'"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">' into l_body_line.

APPEND l_body_line TO lt_mail_body.

and so on...

I added the HTML code and delete the original text with the modification Assistent.

This modification is only for the mails, that will be sent periodicaly. For immediate Notification i think that CL_CFX_NOTIFICATION->SEND_NOTIFICATION_EMAIL has to be modified too, but i have not tested that.

The Standard text-fields are in the OTR-Aliastext-System, use Transaction SOTR_EDIT to look at it!

Best Regards

Helmut Wenzler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

Thank you very much for your reply.

At the moment I can not find in transaction SOTR_EDIT the standards text you mentioned. Can you please be more specific?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

André Sousa