cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40.301)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are loading data in the DP book interactviely and then trying to Execute the Update Quantity button. The error message given is "Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40.301)".

We are on APO 5.0 and have the highest Support Pack of SAPKY50011.

I have searched in the SAP notes and one note 1050350 talks about a similar issue however the corrections mentioned are already there in our system and there the desired SP is SAPKY50010.

Can anyone tell what could be the reason for such error and how to resolve the same.

Thanks

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Did you check the notes I forwarded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Yes I have gone through both the notes and Note 944254 seems to be relevent in this case, however I will check with the Basis Team whether it can be applied or it is already updated.

Thanks a lot fir your help.

Thanks,

Harsh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that error occurs if you use parallel processing within a background job.

There can be locking conflicts.

Use userparameter /SAPAPO/MAP_REPROCES = 800 for your background user.

Then the system will try 800 times to reprocess the locked combination.

Hope it helps.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note has to be applied by Basis to check if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Well the issue is resolved in the sense thar we have found the Product which is causing the error. Actually while saving the results of SOH there are negative values coming and since the KF we have defined " Negative Values not allowed" hence the KF is not saving this value.

We are trying to investigate and assertain the cause of negative value for that product from ECC side

Thanks to all for your help

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

No the KF is non-editable in PROD. Any changes to any KF moves through DEV -->QAS --> PRD

How do you chekc if there are any Fixed Values in the selection ?

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harsha,

As i sain in the previous message,you can write a macro to find fixed values in your selection.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil / Vijaya,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Well first responding to Senthil

- Issue is not reproducable in Dev or Q systems.

- How to check the application logs during the time of errors

- Yes I have checked system locks they are clear

- We have run OM 17 and TS consistency checks but still the error persists.

I will go through the notes refered by you and see if it is of help.

Vijaya

- Yes you are Correct that for the related keyfigures the tick "No Negative stocks is there" also the tick for Fixed Values is also there. But the concern is that it was running fine earlier with the same settings.

To give you more inputs perhaps this is being run with the Sales Order History and the key figure which is in consideration is a Sales Override.If it is the negative values that are causing the problem they how can we avoid that figures?

Looking forward from hearing from you guys

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

As per your information the concerned key figure is sales order history i,e "sales override".

Is this keyfigure is editable? if yes, there there is a chance to get this error.

When ever we get this error, As far as i know we have to check if there are any fixed values in the selections and we should unfix that values and do required changes.If it is a large selection then probably we can find the fixed values through a macro.

Please let me know if i can give you more info.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harsha,

1.It seems like you have settings for one or more keyfigures to not allow negative values.Please check.

2.Check if there are fixed values in your selection.

When you try to change the figures, and if there are fixed values some where in your selection, during dissagregation system tries to put negative values. But your key figure is set to "not allow negative values" .At this point of time you will get this error.

could you please check in your test system with this scenario and let me know your comments.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Check on the following things.

1) SAP Notes 863244, 944254

2) Whether issue is reproducable.

3) Check Livecache performance.

4) Check application logs during the time of error

5) Check system locks during the time of error

6) Carry out livecache inconsistency check and check any errors.

Please let me know your observations.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.