Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_DATE_TIME XSLT Exception

ralph_schillein
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're running ECC6.0 and created a Web Service(WS) out of a SAP-Function Module(FM).

When calling this WS from Excel-VBA (XP; WS-Toolkit) the following error pops up:

CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_DATE_TIME: XSLT Exception An Error occured while deserialization in ST-program /1BCDWB/WSSA..............

The value 4/6/2009 is not a valid date regarding XML-format for ABAP.

(this is my translation from original german error message, so english error message may differ a bit).

For explanation:

The FM/WS should give me a table with fields of type DATS and I think the single transformation cannot convert 20090604 to 2009-06-04 but only to 4/6/2009.

Any ideas would be great....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor

As I understand you call a Webservice from VB, so make sure that your VB program sends a date like 2009-06-04.

Regards

Stefan

ralph_schillein
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

the problem is the other direction. i.e.: I get wrong format from the SAP-FB/Webservice back to VBA.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does that mean, that you call a VB webservice from ABAP?

I think the message comes from ABAP proxy, so you call webservice in ABAP from VB. Is that not correct?

How does your date format look like?

ralph_schillein
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

yes, I call Webservice in ABAP from VB.

I send dates like "2009-06-25" from VBA to ABAP Webservice/FB.

Then I get the error as described above.

Edited by: Ralph Schillein on Jun 25, 2009 11:46 AM

josgabriel_martnez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ralph,

Could you solve your problem?

I got a similar one, but using another calling system.

No matter which format date is used to send it, we got the same error.

One approach could be to modify our Z BAPI and use some Char type instead of Date type to receive the date values and then convert it to Date format, but this could be a headache...

Thanks in advance, regards

José Gabriel.

ralph_schillein
Explorer
0 Kudos

>>One approach could be to modify our Z BAPI and use some Char type instead of Date type to receive the date values and then convert it to Date format, but this could be a headache...

That's exactly what I've made!

With lot's of headache...

josgabriel_martnez
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback, Ralph.

But, let me tell you that I tried again using a test tool for WebServices (soapUI 3.0.1, free software) and I got surprised to see that everything worked OK!, without errors (I had to previously clear "?" symbols and others "rare" values that the tool filled in for some parameters, nothing important).

All of the Date fields were transfered to the BAPI, according to xml format for dates: "YYYY-MM-DD".

So, I was able to avoid this "issue" by now, but I'm not sure what will happen until the real legacy sistem starts its owns tests.

I have to wait until that moment to be sure. But according to test tool soapUI, if you use that format, it should work (I'm using SAP ECC 6.0). Let's see what happens in the end.

May be there is some configuration or setting issue in the external/legacy system that calls your WebService.

Regards,

JG.

Answers (0)