cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EhP1 change list

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to SAP Netweaver 7.01 (EhP1).

During our basic webdynpro application testingu2019s, we found out some small changes like

=> The popup width and height setting are taking effect, which did not work pre EhP1.

=> The default close button in popup is getting triggered even when user hits enter on an UI element in the popup.

We also had a look at the Note 1107662 which shows a broader list of changes.

Our production webdynpro application comprises of more than 60 webdynpro module.

Testing the entire application to detect such small changes listed above is certainly not feasible.

Do we have a single point reference of such small changes done in EhP1.

Thanks,

Ameya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You have to remember that in 7.01, the entire HTML/JavaScript rendering engine was rewritten. I'm sure there were many undocumented fixes put in place during this rewrite as things were cleaned up as they were being redesigned. There may also be new bugs that were unintentionally introduced by the rewrite.

There are of course the major items that were goals of the rewrite. These are documented in the note you mention and in greater detail on this help document page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/74/0beccf62a7425ab9e1b2077fa1bc6e/frameset.htm

However I'm sure there are other fixes that weren't necessarily directly planned that worked into the rewrite as well and aren't necessarily documented directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here i would like to highlight one such bug which i came across. In Netweaver 7.0, a user as the ability to do sparse selection (using the Control key) in the table, which is not present in SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP1.

Any suggestions how to do it??

Shall i raise an internal message in the standard WD-ABAP queue?

Cheers!

Ashish.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "Sparse Selection"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Consider there are 10 line items present in the table control, and i want to select 2,4,6,8,9 line items.

By pressing the control key + click is not selecting the line item in EHP1 but in NW 7.0 it is working fine. I checked the standard components "wdr_test_table" in both systems.

Cheers!

Ashish.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you have a standard application that works differently between the two releases as you describe then yes it would seem to be a bug. The multi-line selection should still work in 7.01. I tested the same application in my system and the mult-line selection via the CTRL key works just fine. Before you open a support ticket, search the notes database and see if there is already a fix provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for the update.

Can you let me know the latest SP installed on the system which you are referring ?

Best Regards,

Ashish.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I tried it in an 7.01 SP0 system, 7.01 SP4, 7.02 SP0, and 7.20 SP0 and it worked in all of those systems.