Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container operation issue

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a questions on container operation of BPM.

I want to capture a value in Rec step of my BPM and wanted to assign this value in last step i.e. send step.

Can anyone let me know is it possible in BPM.

How can we achive this.

Regards,

Vikrant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Using the container operaton step you cant change the message. You can do this using transformation step and thro mapping.

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil.

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Senthil,

Can you please elaborate little bit or provide me some blog which can help.

I am new to BPM.

Regards,

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Just elaborate the integration process you have configured. (Step by step). It would be easy for me to explain, to understand whether transformation step is needed or not..

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil.

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To give details this is what i m doing

I have a scenerio IDOC > XI- > webservice(SOAP)

What i need to do is to get the response i.e 4 digit code back to SAP system.I am doing this using BPM Aysnc -Sync bridge

My BPM has following steps :

Rec Async(Delivery IDOC message)-> Sync call (to SOAP) > Async call to SAP system(Sending ALEAUDT01 IDOC back to SAP system)

this way i am able to send message to SAP system but problem is I need to send IDOC number as well with ALEAUDT01 IDoc.

This i am confuse how to achive.Please help me in this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I have an approach for this, but not sure this is the best one.

Define a transformation step which is for N:1 Mapping after Sync Send step. For this step, you need to define a N:1 message mapping wih two inputs --> SOAP Response and the message which you received in the receive step and assign the value which you want to send to SAP. Then send the transformed message to SAP system.

You try this, if find something better than this i'll let you know.

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikrant,

Wat i understood is, at present, your scenario is simply sending the IDoc that you are receiving in the Rec-Async step. Now you want to send the SOAP response along with the IDoc.

Do you have any (empty) field in IDoc which can be used to capture the 4digit IDoc number?

If yes, then you can achieve this thru a transformation step in between the Sync-send step and Async-Send(last) step. Use both IDOC structure and SOAP response structure as source messages and IDOC structure as target message. Map the IDoc number from SOAP response to any of the field in the target IDoc structure and map the rest of the fields in the target IDoc to the Source IDoc.

Hope this helps.

~Praveen,

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks praveen and senthil,

I did what you suggested using 2:1 mapping in transformation step.

Now get got some different problem. All BPM steps worked fined but problem is only constant fileds are going out to SAP system.

I mean in 2:1 mapping whatever i am mapping with IDOC and response values are not getting generated but all constant mapped are going to SAP system.

Can you please let me know what can be a issue with this.I think if this is solved my problem will be solved.

It looks as if in transformation step something is missing.

Thanks a lot in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Kindly test the mapping before testing the BPM. Kindly give some junk values in the mapping (test tab)and check whether they are reaching the target or not.

I believe, as I said in my last point, you have mapped all the fields in the target IDoc with the fields in the Source IDoc, except the field that captures the IDoc number. This is important.

~Praveen,

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

I tested my mapping it worked fine all values are going to target in 2:1.

I using transformation step after sync call and before send response to SAp system

Can you guide me what can be a problem

Regards,

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Are you getting any error in sxmb_moni?

To Check the generated workflow log goto->SXMB_MONI, Select the message and click on "PE". It will get you to Workflow log.

Make sure that you have assigned right mapping in the transformation step.

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

As you have tested your mapping ant its working fine, the issue shall be with the trasformation step. Now as you said that all the constant fields are generated but no field from the source structure is getting generated in target the issue can be w.r.t the container variables that you are using in source message of BPM.

This trasformation step should come after the Soap response and also the both the source variables should be maitained properly asin one for the Idoc and the other for the Soap response.

regards,

Milan Thaker.

Answers (0)