cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call transaction in Netweaver Business Client from WD ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a third party web application that feeds me with a sales order number through a link. Is it possible to get this sales order displayed in a Web Dynpro Application that has been embedded in NWBC?

A solution where the transaction VA03 opens directly in NWBC, can also be used, if that's easier.

Kind regards

Jonas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should use the Portal APIs for Object Based Navigation. The OBN API should function in NWBC just like it does in the browser based portal:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/46/5c133c22060db9e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick reply, though i'm still not quite sure what to do, so i will give a thorough description of my problem, just to make sure we are on the same page.

I know that when i use a standalone WD app in a browser outside the portal or NWBC, i can call it with parameters from a different web application by appending the parameter name and value, at the end of the URL. This causing the app to refresh with the data corresponding to the incoming parameter. But how can i make it do the same when the WD app is embedded in a portal or NWBC.

The scenario is that multiple users are looking at sales orders in a web application developed in php. This application is creating a link to the WD app for each sales order, with the sales order number and user ID as parameters. So when the user clicks the link, the WD app in NWBC "refreshes" with the data. But of course only in the specific user's NWBC session, so that other users can use the same WD app to view different sales orders at the same time.

Am i wasting my time trying to figure this out, or is it actually possible

Regards

Jonas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't understand where the problem is. If the PHP app is running in the NWBC it should work just like it did when running standalone in the browser. NWBC is just running a browser in-place. If it is using a hyperlink to open the Web Dynpro Application that should still work fine within the NWBC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that the php application is not running in the NWBC but outside.

Is it possible to get the instance of a specific WD app running inside the NWBC from an outside application?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but that requirement doesn't make any sense. You have a PHP application running outside the NWBC and you want to somehow attach to a Web Dynpro session running inside the NWBC? Those are two completly separate instances of a browser and there isn't going to be any communication possible between then.