cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change device type during creating device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have a Windows Mobile device and installed the NW Client 7.1, MinDB, creme, JVM.

If i create a new device in the DOE, i have only the value "Laptop" for device type? What i have to enter for windows mobile device? And as framework_type i have entered "AWT" is that correct?...

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

If you want to change the device type, then go to device administration screen, select your device and then go to Device Attributes tab. Click on Manage Attributes button. You can see that DEVICE_TYPE value is editable.

Now you can modify it to PDA for Windows Mobile Device.

If you are using AWT then you can use the framework type as AWT otherwise you can keep it as JSP for JSP or OCA frameworks. In case of Laptop the device type will be LAPTOP and the framework type again will be JSC.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

is it important to set a cross in the sdoe_dev_register???

It is only for testing. Which attributes i have to set ( For registration)??

regards,

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

USER, NAME and DEVICE_TYPE should be marked as registration relevant and these should be marked as mandatory also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

For testing purpose, you can uncheck all attributes except USER .

The deice will automatically get registered based on the USER that you use for synchronization.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

So i have marked only USER ( For reg. )

I have created a user on the client ( the same username as the user i assigned to the device )

I have assigned the user to the device.

And as sync password i take the same pass which i login in the DOE ..

But there comes the error Please check settings or sync credentials. Error connecting to server.

regards,

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

can you check if the connection settings are correct?

i.e. the host name and the port and the client informaiton that you filled up.

Are you using AWT client?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am using the AWT-Client

The host and port and client are correct.

If i make the same with the simulator in the netweaver developer studio, it returns me an error ( internal server error 500 )...

regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Is this the same system where DOE admin portal is accessed with url http://localhost?

In that case what is the host name you mentioned in the client settings?

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lija,

yes it is the same system, where i access the DOE with http://localhost.

In the client i entered the IP-adress of the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi addtional to know is, that my development environment is not on the same server.

It is on another system. But i am able to telnet the ip + port ( DOE host )

If i pinging the host name it doesnt work. Only the ip works..

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i get the return error ( error code 22 ) Error while registering.

Does it mean, that i have a connecteion to the server, but another problem???

Is it now better than the message Error, cannot connecting to server ..

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Yes , thats right..Error code 22 means you are able to connect to DOE server now but unable to find a device according to the registration parameters ie , it is unable to find a device matching the mandatory registration parameters so as to register with the current client installation.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that only user is the registration parameter for your client, in any case check whether you have enabled the device from admin portal.

This cane be done from admin portal>manage devices>search for your device-->enable button.

Only enabled devices will be picked up for registration and even the data distribution calculations also happens only for enabled devices.

Regards,

Liji

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Also check that you have assigned the user to your logical device. You can check it at

admin portal>manage devices>search for your device-->Click on Users tab.

If the user is not assigned, please assign your user to the device.

Note: The "User" which is used to login to your client and User assigned to your device should be same.

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so i have assigned the user in the admin portal to the device and it is the same user which i use to login to the device. This User i have created on the client. And the user on admin portal have all permissions in SAP.

I have used the parameter "USER" for the registration and nothing else more. I have checked as "for regestration" and "mandatory".

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you make the device enabled?

This cane be done from admin portal>manage devices>search for your device-->enable button.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have. It is enabled.

If i sync now, the sync status stay on processing and message: post sync processing complete ... without failure... i think it runs yet.

But the progress bar shows 100%.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you know if the first snyc takes a lot of time?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not very long really..Do you see any dumps on ST22 in DOE server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see 100% progress and sync completed successfully message, then synchronization is complete. How do you see that its still running?

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes it is still running!!! And i dont know why there is no failure, i have checked it so often, sometimes comes the failure "error code 22" and sometimes i couldnt connect to the server..

it is very freaky ...

regards, hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Can you perform following steps.

1. Shutdown the client.

2. Delete all files in the log folder.

3. Create a file with name configuration.properties in the settings folder of mobile client.

and copy following parameters inside it.

com.sap.tc.mobile.sync.dumpInboundInFile=true

com.sap.tc.mobile.sync.dumpOutboundInFile=true

3. Start the client.

4. Trigger the sync.

5. Can you check if there is any error logged in the trace files inside the log folder?

6. Also can you zip the log folder and the synclog folder located inside the MI folder and attach it to following container.

[https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/upload/index.cgi?id=NQ9FRFCQ9DKKFB0OJNZHEABBY0CS7G867RVK1BCDA94CG3II19|https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/upload/index.cgi?id=NQ9FRFCQ9DKKFB0OJNZHEABBY0CS7G867RVK1BCDA94CG3II19]

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thank you, i will try this steps, but now is the server down, where the doe runs, so i have to wait.

But i will send you the file thakn you..

regards, hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

The sync takes really a very long time when the server your trying to sync with is almost down or very slow.

Also, now do one more thing, check if there are more than one devices which have your user assigned and which are in initial state. In such a case try having a single device and sync and check if it is getting registered.

If it is that you have a single device with your user assigned to it, delete this device and with a fresh client try registering with a new device.

Thanks,

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have installed the client on the device new.

I have added this two sentences to the conifguration.properties...

I have deleted the log files...

And then i started the sync and i get now the message "Please check settings or sync credentials are right"

Here is the dumb in st22.

- Runtime error

Syntax error in programm "ZDOE_CL_RR00000000K=========CP"

This message comes if i trigger the sync on the client.

This text is in the log on the client:

<r id="1245322721352" t="03:58:41" d="2009-06-18" s="I" c="000" u="" g="" m="Logging initialized">

<f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.logging.impl.FileLogger:)"/>

<f n="ThreadName" v="com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup"/>

</r>

<r id="1245322721410" t="03:58:41" d="2009-06-18" s="I" c="000" u="" g="" m="Logging initialized">

<f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.logging.impl.FileLogger:)"/>

</r>

<r id="1245322885153" t="04:01:25" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://10.56.71.84:50020/sap/bc/mmw_device_sync?sap-client=001">;

<f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.sync.transport.HttpSynchronizer:Error connecting to server)"/>

<f n="ThreadName" v="Thread-7"/>

</r>

<r id="1245322885400" t="04:01:25" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Error connecting to server --> "> <f n="ThreadName" v="Thread-7"/> </r> <r id="1245322893726" t="04:01:33" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Sync error --> ">

</r>

<r id="1245322893783" t="04:01:33" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Sync error">

<f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.container.SyncProgress:)"/>

</r>

<r id="1245322906623" t="04:01:46" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Resourcebundle sap.comtcmobilewdlitecontainer could not be found. Trying to use the default bundle.">

<f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.renderer.exception.OCAExceptionLocalizeHelper:)"/>

</r>

<r id="1245322907523" t="04:01:47" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Internal Error. Please check the log file. --> "> <f n="ThreadName" v="com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup"/> </r> <r id="1245322907627" t="04:01:47" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Internal Error. Please check the log file."> <f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.renderer.exception.OCAExceptionHandler:)"/> <f n="ThreadName" v="com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup"/> </r> <r id="1245322907724" t="04:01:47" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Resourcebundle sap.comtcmobilewdlitecontainer could not be found. Trying to use the default bundle."> <f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.renderer.exception.OCAExceptionLocalizeHelper:)"/> <f n="ThreadName" v="com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup"/> </r> <r id="1245322909541" t="04:01:49" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Resourcebundle sap.comtcmobilewdlitecontainer could not be found. Trying to use the default bundle."> <f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.renderer.exception.OCAExceptionLocalizeHelper:)"/> <f n="ThreadName" v="com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup"/> </r> <r id="1245322909663" t="04:01:49" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Internal Error. Please check the log file. --> ">

</r>

<r id="1245322909732" t="04:01:49" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Internal Error. Please check the log file.">

<f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.renderer.exception.OCAExceptionHandler:)"/>

</r>

<r id="1245322909832" t="04:01:49" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="Resourcebundle sap.comtcmobilewdlitecontainer could not be found. Trying to use the default bundle.">

<f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.wdlite.renderer.exception.OCAExceptionLocalizeHelper:)"/>

</r>

I will send now the packed MI folder to you...abhijit..

regards hassan

Edited by: Hassan Mohsen on Jun 18, 2009 12:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a syntax error in RR class. try regenerating the Distribution model and make sure all the mandatory notes are applied.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one of the DM in SAP BASIS 7.10 is inconsistent. DO consistency check for all the DM's in the above mentioned SWCV. with this you will know which is DM is inconsistent and after that check the syntax error for this class in SE24.

regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you have right,

my do "AGENT_CONFIG" have an error and doesnt run. But i thought i dont need it to sync..

I have a big problem to run this DO.

regards

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regenerate the DM associated with AGENT_CONFIG data object and check whether inconsistency is resolved or not. If not then check the syntax error in the class and provide us the error details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a inconsitence at the structrue ZDOE00000K_BCE0002_MSG. It cannot activated because there are no fields defined.

Diagnosis

There was an attempt to activate a table for which no fields have yet been defined.

Procedure

Enter fields for the table. A table without fields makes no sense.

So, but i cannot change anything in this structure, because i need an accesskey in the OSS. And i have no permissions for this action.

regards, hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have also checked the log files on the client.

Here is the fault why i cant connect to the server:

</r>

<r id="1245322885153" t="04:01:25" d="2009-06-18" s="E" c="000" u="ALLROLES" g="en" m="java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://10.56.71.84:50020/sap/bc/mmw_device_sync?sap-client=001">;

<f n="LocationName" v=" (com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.sync.transport.HttpSynchronizer:Error connecting to server)"/>

I have checked to open this service on the server but there comes only this message:

V??? ??? E???2?#Invalid protocol version found in command streamI??? ????

Do you think the main problem is the DO Agent_config?

regards hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

a- as mentioned in your latest comments there is an error:

"Invalid protocol version found in command streamI"

Can you specify which version of client and DOE are you using?

b- For the error regarding message structure, please try regenerating the relevant data object. Before that can you check whether the initial set up and configuration of DOE is done in transaction SDOE_SR.

You can refer the help document for the same

"http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/17a78cd8000064e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm"

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Client-Version is MI 71 SP 3 Patch 0.

In the system component version are these software components with their version:

SAP_ABA - 710 - 0004

SAP_BASIS - 710 - 0004

PI_BASIS - 2006_1_710 - 0004

ST-PI - 2005_1_710 - 0003

SAP_BW - 710 -0004

The setup is allright done without problems in sdoe_sr.

regards, hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the table SMMW_SEGM (in SE11 or SE16) giving the MBO_ID and Active = 'X'.

MBO_ID could be got from

double click on Agent_config>GoTo Menu>Copy the guid in Objectdirectory entry

Are you seeing a row in this table for the above filter?

List the entries that are shown for this search criteria.

~ cheers,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for late answer but my account here was locked.

I have checked the MBO and there is one with Active=X and one with Active=E

Also i have installed the SAP Netweaver Mobile one more time and it is the same story. If i go to sdoe_sr and create the setup of doe.

I get this failure in the workbench for the two data objects. Agent-Config and Userdetails. Is this normal, maybe a bug?

I dont have make any other configurations, i have only made one user with all the rights and create a rfc -connection in sm59.

Are there any bugfixes, which i could install. I have the sp04 ..

many greetings

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

it seems to me that the step : 'cleanup of BASIS data objects' did not get executed properly. Because there is specific code in that report to cleanup the wrong entries in AGENT_CONFIG and User_Details Dataobject.

Can you please try executing the report : SDOE_BASIS_OBJ_CLEANUP directly from transaction SE38.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

there is no changes after i execute this programm.

Do you think it will be better to reinstall the system. Generate the data objects and after that to execute this programm.

Because i have done now many steps...i think it is very complicated in this state.

So i tell you which steps i had done after installation. Maybe you could say that this SDOE_BASIS_OBJ_CLEANUP could help.

At first i am not in a domain. I have a win 2003 x64 system. sql server 2005 enterprise edition

after installation i create a new dialog user with user group "SUPER" and give him the profil sap_all and all given roles.

after that i create the rfc-connection in sm59. The test is successfull.

after that i go to the internet communication ( sicf ) and enter a port ( because it is always 0 ) and activate the virtual host.

after that i execute the setup in sdoe_sr...

then there will be 10 activations in the queue ( smq2 ) but they will not finish successfull. 2 activations are with failure and so i see that the data object USERDETAILS and agent_config are not green in the workbench.

So should i do these steps again and execute this cleanup?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

If you are on SP04 of NW mobile 7.10 , then can you please check if you have the SAP note : 1104040 applied on your system?

The fix of deleting this faulty entries have come only with this note in SP04.This is a mandatory note for SP4 (I guess this was released post packaing of SP04)

This note contains some manual activities too. This issue will not be there for the latest SP. I guess SP07 or SP08 is the latest SP available.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for this fix.

I would like to reinstall my sap netweaver. It is not better to install the sp07 or sp08???

How i could install this sp?

regards and lot of thanks

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you can upgrade to SP07 and you need to apply if there are any notes over SP07.

The SPs will be available in the service market place , the same way you got SP04.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the Basis Support Package 08 for 7.10.

Is this the right one? There are so many Support Packages...

I didnt have install a SP till now. I thought i have the sp04 because in the System, i see for SAP BASIS there is a 04.

It is a SAR file!!! How i can integrate this file?

regards

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

I am also not very familiar with all these installables.

System>status>SAP system data>component version>click on the view icon near 'SAP NetWeaver 7.1'

the level corresponding to SAP_BASIS is the SP in which you are.

Either you can download the mentioned note and apply in your system and proceed with current installation itself.

I also see that SP08 is the latest one and mobile comes as part of SAP_BASIS itself.

What I am not sure is whether you can install SP08 fresh , as to most of the SPs you can only upgrade.

Only selected SPs come as complete installation.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks,

now i am downloading this note. How i can apply this note to my system?

Is there a transaction where i can choose this note ( file )?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Transaction for applying notes is SNOTE.first you need to download the note and then select that note and implement the note (execute button).

If there are any manual steps in the note, please follow them too.Some manual activities will be pre-requisite for note application and some may be after applying note.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

so i have implemented the note.

At first i had to wait for an access key to change the object manually, because of that it belongs so long.

Anyway, i have executed the doe - setup in sdoe_sr and now are all data objects green.

So i think it works now

Thank you very very much.

I will follow the steps in the guide.

thank you again

regards hassan

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use input help provided for DEVICE_TYPE while creating device. Choose PDA from the input help.