SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subdivision of master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'd like to learn more about subdivision of master data, more precisely if you have decided to use subdivision for let's say Functional area, when you post a document in FI, in what way are the substrings entered as account assignment and also how does it appear in reports and how can you budget on different substrings?

I think I get the idea that the subdivision helps if you want to put different information in each substring but it's not very clear how it looks in reporting, etc.

I'll be very thankful if someone can give a clear explanation of that.

Thanks in advance.

Toni

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume when you say substrings and subdivisions, you mean additional account assignments.

In our public sector organization we use Functional Area to report on a type of activty.. such as 1000000000 = General Government and 200000000 = public safety, etc, etc.. We are required to report as such. Since there is a constant relationship between certain cost centers and their activity, we use derivation rules so that the functional area is automatically populated and users do not have to key the information. For example, if I enter cost center 111111111 the FM derivation rule automatically populates the functional area field with the correct one. As far as reporting, you can design/change reports to meet your specific requirements/needs. We have some reports that do not include functional area and not all users want or need to see it. But others do and in those reports, the users can include the field.

0 Kudos

Toni, the use of substring is to compound the master data i.e functional area, first substring means Region, the secong one Government Plan, etc.

When you post documents in the account assignment you use the master data not the substrings, in reports you can use substrings (you must activate them in 4FM library or copy the library)

Regards

César