cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of an JDBC Adapter Module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if someone was willing to post an example of a module written for the JDBC adapter - as I anticipate having to create one in the not-too-distant future.

We already have the FileModule Example provided by SAP (sample_ra.jar), which applies only to the File Adapter. This is very useful, but I was wondering if we have an example of a JDBC module.

I am especially interested in:

- How the module can retrieve configurational data from the adapter (e.g. database connection parameters, users, passwords etc..)

- If & how DB connections are established & maintained.

- Whether the 'java.sql.' apis are sufficient, or if you must use the 'javax.sql.' apis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Carl Engel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

if you want to create a module for the JDBC adapter you will not need to take care of any of the mentioned points, as the SAP delivered modules will take care of establishing the connection etc. Your own module would be inserted before the actual adapter module (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a4/f13341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/content.htm). The main purpose of such a module would be to somehow manipulate the payload (e.g. encryption of messages, convert XML to flat structure etc.), the connection however is part of the standard module. If you want to take care of the connection etc. yourself, you will need to write a complete adapter not only a module.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

If you want work in any databade (databade-JDBC adaptor ), the prerequisite is you need to configure/ establish the database which you going to work in your Application server.

if you have configured then its ok. and see the blog.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Hope this will be help you.

Sincerely

Bala S