cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

predefined services?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as long as I know SAP plans to offer a bunch of predefined services.

(ESA = SOA + collection of business services)

The "Enterprise Service Design Guide" is talking about 500 already existing services, but this should only be the beginning.

Are there any documents pointing on current numbers?

What is the purpose of these services? Do they cover common business functionality?

thx

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MHY
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

the orginal list was called a preview of enterprise services to get first feedback from th ecommunity on how we build enterprise services.

This April SAP has started to productize enterprise services. They are available for customers as an add-on or support package on the latest mySAP Busines Suite release. The April shipment (for my SAP ERP 04) contains enterprise services required for Duet (formerly called project Mendocino/SAP -MSFT Office Integration), end of June you will see approx. 500 enterprise services available for the Business Suite 05. Consider this a start, there will be a continious process to build and deliver more enterprise services, SAP might double this number until the end of the year.

In a hosted version we will leverage the ES workplace to browse and test enterprise services and to provide more and more documentation around the services.

Their purpose is to provide standards based business funtionality to allow customers and partners to compose new, innovative solutions quicker, than if you need to start on green field and build these services first.

Regards, matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

AFAIK those famous 500 services are a randomly chosen number of services (an number of them existing quiet some time in another form) serving more as a (marketing) sneak preview of the concept then a sustained list of services (latter meaning that I think that quiet some of them are still undergoing larger revisions) already to be used productively.

wish I would be proved wrong.

regards,

anton