cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definition of Postable node ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I know this sounds purely elementary but can someone give me a good explanatory example of what is and what is NOT a BW hierarchy with a postable node ? Let me explain my current scenario :

The char is ZCSTEL. A hierarchy is created on this. Level 0 is a text element.It has 5 text nodes (NAR, LAR, APR, ER & AFR) and UNASSIGNED (char value) on Level 1. On Level 2, below each of these text nodes, I have characteristic values which are not repeated under any other text node.

Now when I try to use this in a layout with hierarchical data model using this hierarchy with the option ('BW hierarchy with postable nodes') , it completes the layout, but when I try to enter the data, it says, the hierarchy does not contain any postable nodes. !

Now, the definition said a postable node is a node with a successor which is associated with a characteristic value having an hierarchy... what am I doing wrong ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

Postable Node:

A node that corresponds to a characteristic value for the hierarchy basic characteristic.

(A node that corresponds to a characteristic value for a characteristic that references the hierarchy basic characteristic. This definition includes the hierarchy basic characteristic.)

In contrast to a leaf, additional nodes or leaves are assigned under a postable (inner) node.

Value specification: The value of a postable node is specified by the aggregation of the values of its lower-level nodes and of its value in the InfoProvider. You can find an example under Modeling Nodes and Leaves.

Not Postable Node:

A node that does not refer to a hierarchy basic characteristic and is not a postable node (see Text Nodes, External Characteristic Nodes).

Value specification: The value of a node that is not postable is specified by the aggregation of the values of its children nodes.

San.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me give a better pic.. this a good pic of how the hierarchy looks :

COUNTRY

|-NAR

| |-USA

| |-CANADA

|-LAR

| |-BRAZIL

|-ER

| |-UK

| |-FRANCE

|-# (UNASSIGNED)

The charachteristic is ZCOUNTRY. Now I am trying to use this hierarchy in a layout using a hierarchical data model using BW hierarchy with postable nodes. Now with the def, I guess that makes all the nodes marked with countries, (i.e. USA, CANADA, UK, BRAZIL) as postable nodes.

However, when I try to use the layout, it says that the hierarchy has no postable nodes.

What changes need be done in this hierarchy ?