Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods redetermination

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our free goods scenario, free goods condition records are maintained based on a custom field in additional data tab of customer master. This field is pulled into the item level additional data in sales order.

Based on the condition record and the field value for a particular customer, the free goods are determined correctly after entering the main material in the order. But the problem is when we change this field value manually in the sales order, the system does not redetermine the new free goods as per the condition record maintained for this new field value. Redetermination happens only when the main item quantity is changed.

We want to trigger a free goods redetermination whenever we change the custom field value in the sales order item level additional data tab.

How to achieve this? Are you aware of any user exit that can be used for "free goods redetermination" in sales order?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My doubt is,

Are you changing the value of customized field in sales order. If yes, then as per my knowledge system will not redetermine free goods. Because, it is the value of free goods which determined by the condition technique. System will determine value of customized field if you change the main item in the sales order. And that too if you have maintained condition record for the same.

You cant determine free goods based on free goods itself.

Hope you will get some idea

Any suggestions are welcomed

Sagar

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Sagar

I will explain the scenario little more elaborately. Free gods condition record is maintained like this :

Sales Org : S1

Division : D1

Custom field : Z1

Material :M1

Free goods = Material M2

Second condition record is maintained as below :

Sales Org : S1

Division : D1

Custom field : Z2

Material :M1

Free goods = Material M3

Now if we create a sales order and if the first condition record is found, the free goods is determined as M2.

Now if we change the custom field from Z1 to Z2 in the order, then the system should redetermine the free goods and pick up the second condition record - i.e., material M3 should be determined as free goods in the order.

Since the key field value of the access has changed, the system should again check and pick up the relevant condition record. This is similiar to changing a key field value in normal pricing accesses where the system automatically "carries out new pricing" and redetermines the relevant condition record. But it is not happening in the free goods scenario since the system "does not carry out new free goods determination" in case of a key field value change.

Hence I want to know if there is any user exit where we can force free goods redetermination (like " MV45AFZB - FORM userexit_new_pricing_vbkd CHANGING new_pricing " for pricing)

Thanks in advance

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have found the solution.

In the include FV45PF0N_NATRAB_SELECTION there is a logic to check if any of the following fields are changed then only system will do the free goods redetermination.

They are Order qty, UoM, Pricing Date and Material in the item. If any Z field is appended in table VBAP then that field also needed to be added here. Then the free goods redetermination happens whenever this Z field is changed in the order.

Regards,

Palani