cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD and SMD-agent - network load

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a SolMan with SMD, monitoring a portal (with SMD agent).

The network people tell us there is a lot of communications going on between the 2 servers - approx. 10 GB/day.

Could this possibly be the communication between SMD agent and SMD?

(Or the comminication between the Introscope agent and the Introscope EM?)

If so, could it be reduced by configuration of the agent (configuring the level of detail of the information it sends across)?

Where can I find the documentation? The documentation I have found so far is about set-up - making it work - not about fine-tuning.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I raised this question half a year ago. In the meantime, several componenets have been upgraded and the problem has gone away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The port number on the SolMan side shows that this is not SMD itself, but

Wily Introscope

- the communication between Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager (running on

the SolMan) and Wily Introscope agent (running on the portal).

What can be done about this?

(This is Introscope version 7.2.0 .)

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you sure that those 2 servers are dealing with this much # of data?

Basically, how come you can arrive at a decision that SMD agents is using this much load..there can be any other processes too, which are causing this traffic of data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Are you sure that those 2 servers are dealing with this much # of data?

That's what the network people see in their tool.

Basically, how come you can arrive at a decision that SMD agents is using this much load..there can be any other processes too, which are causing this traffic of data...

The reasoning is, that this is the only functional relationship. The only application on server A that has a need to communicate with anything on server B is SMD. This assumes that the application manager has not overlooked any interactions.

On the other hand, we are now looking at port numbers and checking what's listening on those port numbers.