Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to differentiate the insp lots with same lot origin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is

1. Procuring a Finished good directly ( same way as Raw material is being procured ) & then sale it.

2. In another scinarion the same material may be produced at Vendor's end ( Sub contracting )

3. In another scinario this is in house produced material.

Now the requirement is seperate tracking / list for each case.

Inspection type 04 can be activated to address the 3'rd case.

But how to segregate 1'st & 2'nd case from each other ???

I have created one new inspection type Z01 for lot origin 01. Similarly insp type 01 is also activated.

If Z01 insp type is marked as preferred insp type, then system always consider this insp type.

How to differentiate inspection type Z01 & 01 at incoming inspection stage ????

regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Singh

You may have to use an exit for differentiating the inspection lot origin for normal GR and subcontracting GR.

Make use of this exit and based on the type of purchase order use the variant of inspection type 01.

QAAT0001 Inspection type determination different from variant 01

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for reply.

I will explore your suggestion & will revert back.

regards,

Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the status profile linked to the quality info record for this purpose. First define a status profile with specific status codes which you will link to the q-info record, you can then link an inspection type to be created at goods receipt for each status code. Use the following link in SPRO for this:

Quality Management -> QM in Logistics -> QM in Procurement -> Define status of Supply Relationships -> Assign delivery status for inspection type

Regards

Roderick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh / Roderick

Thanks for reply & Sorry for the delayed reply from my side.

Gajesh as per your suggestion i used the break point in user exit QAAT0001 & after that i have executed PO & MIGO transaction, But after executiing it did not stop at a particular break point.

AM i doing some thing wrong???? or any alternate solution is there??

Roderick, i have explored the status profile but found to be use fulll for changing stage one time only. i.e. between 0101 to 01. But here i want to choose the inspection type base on PO type.

Kindly suggest further action.

Once abain thanks.

regards,

Singh

Edited by: Singh15667 on Jul 24, 2009 10:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In QA32 , you can set layout in which select inspection type field along with other required fields. By doing this you can segregate it as per inspection type,

Hope this will be help for your requirement.

Regards,

Edited by: Kumar DS on Jun 16, 2009 2:37 PM