Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHA1 Signature not in PKCS#7 Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we got a Problem with a Signet XML request.

We want to Communicate with a service Provider via XML request. The interface of the Service Provider want to have a SHA1 signature of the Data we send. As fare es I now the SSF Library is only supporting Signatures in PKCS#7 Format my question is if there is a solution just to gernerate the SHA1 Signature without having it in PKCS#7 Format.

king regards

Floran

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SHA1 is a signature algorithm. PKCS#7 is a container file format for signatures.

It means that you have to agree with your partner on both the algorithm and the container format.

SHA1 alone does not mean anything in my opinion...

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

Hi oliver,

thank you for your Answer. You are right. The Problem is the partner don't want the container format pkcs#7. He just want to have a SHA1/RSA signature value. No Container. Can I somhow extract the encryptet digest part out of the container in ABAP? Or is there a function module where I can generate a sha1/rsa signatur with the Keys from the SSF Keystore?

king regards

Florian

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, but the entire scenario sounds weird.

Is that "Service Provider" offering Web Services?

If yes, then simply obtain the WSDL and generate a proxy.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> SHA1 is a signature algorithm.

Sorry to disagree - it's a hash function.

I assume you are referring to something like "RSA/SHA1", instead.