cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tables for IDOC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some time ago I created a job which deletes all idocs older than 1 year.

I am asked now to check what is the benefit in term of space(tables, database..)

I wander in which tables idocs are stored(if tables are different for different idocs could you let me know tables for most commonly used)

. However I am afraid (having oracle database) I can not see the benefits as segments/database just grows regardless of empty space.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I wander in which tables idocs are stored

EDIDC (Control record IDoc)

EDIDS (Status Record IDoc)

Regards

Uday

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you really keen on keeping the database size in control or growth rate in control, then you will have to go for archiving option only.

Steps to be followed:

Find out what all tables stores IDOC data, one thing i like to emphasis that apart from applicaion table there are also some basis tables which keeps informaion of IDOCs, so you will have to consider those tables also:

Then create your customized archiving object which will hold all these related tables

Then set the archiving destination

Then run the archiving jobs in test mode

Check the jobs finished and spool also.

Once things are ok then you can go for final run

there are two programs mainly used one Delete program other is write program

Once the archive writes the complete archived data to other location then delete program will double check whether the data in the database and in the archived location is same or not , if same then only it will delete the data from the database and consequently the database size will reduce.

Thanks

Manish

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

You might want to run archiving job to delete data from IDOCs as well as all dependent tables to keep the database inconsistent.

To configure archiving you can look on help.sap.com and search for Archiving.

To start with explore transaction SARA.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

Check below links for idoc tables

To reduce the Oracle DB size check below link

Hope it helps

Thanks

Sushil