cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing Application on the SAP Backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where will the application that is uploaded to the SAP Web Console be stored be stored on the SAP R/3 also in addition to the SAP Web AS.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Arun, Thanks for the reply.

What is meant by AddOn,SP.

Is any configuration required for backend for Mobile Infrastructure. Are these AddOn,SP installed as part of configuring the backend for Mobile Infrastructure.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

AddOn is a type of component pertaining to your Mobile Client and application.

SP - is Support patch or service pack.. similar to WAS SP's.. MI2.5 SP15 is available now. it will be a ZIP file. you have to upload it as a ADDON Component in the Webconsole. (you generally upload your JAR/WAR Files as application components).

there is a printer driver package. you upload it as addon component.

Rgds,

Ak.

Message was edited by: Arunkumar Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunkumar

After reading your reply(during searching a solution for my problem) I have the following doubt:

I have downloaded MI 2.5 SP13 FULL (approx 450MB) and installed in my laptop. Later I could see MI 2.5 SPs from SP13-SP17 in service.sap.com.

But none of the service pack patches has executable versions. They just have JAR files. Is there any procedure to update the MI 2.5 Client(laptop-win32) copy service packs.

Even I have uploaded these service pack patches in WebConsole. But again, it shows the 'zip' file to download and it contains JAR file only without EXE versions.

Please guide.

Regards

Ragavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sri,

once that you have registered and uploaded your SP to the

WebConsole. you have to assign it to the device which you

want the SP to be delivered.

regards

jo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Arun and Kishore, Thanks for your reply.

My doubt arouse when I saw the SAP presentation on architecture of SAP Mobile Infrastructure, which showed the application at three layers at Mobile device, SAP Web AS and Backend.

1. Mobile Device - Local UI and data storage

2. SAP Web AS -

3. SAP Backend - AddOn,SP etc

I was not sure what was that meant by the above terminology.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

The confusing part will be the ABAP stack of WebAS and the backend R3.

BOTH ARE DIFFERENT. (though you may have the abap stack as backend too, not vice versa). but generally we have a seperate backend.

these Addon SP etc are loaded in the ABAP stack of your WebAS.

Did that clear?

Rgds

Ak.

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

All files ,uploaded from the WebConsole corresponding to particular Component Types will be

stored there in the MI server itself.WebConsole itself is running in the J2EE stack of the WAS.

So the uploaded files are in the J2EE stack itself.

The main component types , we can create from the WebCosole are ,

1) ADDON

2) APPLICATION

3) FRAMEWORK

4) INSTALL_SEQUENCE

5) JVM

6) SSL

From these , we have to upload files to ADDON and APPLICATION component Types.

For viewing the details

Using the transaction mi_msd ,

1) just open ur particular MCD(ADDON or APPLICATION) in dispaly mode.

2) From the tabstrip , select the "Deployment" tab.

Here we can see the relative path details of files which are stored in the MI server corresponding to

that MCD(if and only if we uploaded).

For add-on

-

SETUPFILES WEBSERVER http://<server>:<port>; server url

SETUPFILES LOCALPATH C:\<MCD>.zip path in the local machine from where the file is uploaded

SETUPFILES WEBPATH /me/pub/<b>add-on</b>/<version>_<MCD>.zip relative server path

For Application JSP

-

<b>If the application is based

on JSP, the application archive is copied to <MI root>/webapps. The archive of an AWT application is

copied to <MI root>/libs.</b>

SETUPFILES WEBSERVER http://<server>:<port>;

SETUPFILES LOCALPATH C:\SAPmi\<MCD>.war

SETUPFILES WEBPATH /me/pub/meapps/<b>jsp</b>/<version>_<MCD>.war

for AWT applications , /me/pub/meapps/<b>awt</b>/<version>_<MCD>.jar

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

What ever you upload in webconsole gets stored only in WebAS. your webas contacts your r/3 only thro RFC Connection. only data gets transferred if you write an application in the backend and call it from the program.

btw, what is the necessity to store it in the backend? your MCD needs to be there only in the middleware as the scope of mcd is not beyond the webAS.

if there is a purpose of storing it, it can be ACHIEVED as all data gets stored only in Tables and you may reterive the data from tables and save it in the R/3.

Rgds

Ak.