cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

su01 change password does not work Initial password (set by administrator)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After upgrading from CRM 5.0 to CRM 6.0, changing password using su01 (icon on the top right) does not work.

When, you try to change the password , password status is Product Password, after changing and validate it , the status is 'Initial password (set by administrator)' and 'password is not changing', we have still the toolbox displayed.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try SU01->Enter user Name->Change-> Enter new password-> Press save button ?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are experiencing the same issue after having upgraded our development SRM system from SRM 4.0 to SRM 5.0 (i.e., WebAS 6.40 to NW 7.0). The Basis SP level is 700.17.

When an administrator uses the 'Change Password' button (Shift-F8) from the initial screen of SU01 to change the password of a user, it doesn't take. One enters the new password in twice, as usual, clicks on the green checkmark, but instead of the dialog box closing, it stays open. The "Password Status" says it is changed to "Initial password (set by administrator)", but in fact this isn't yet saved to the system. The only way out of the dialog box is to cancel out, and this cancels the password change. If one then re-enters the dialog, you see the password status has returned to "Product. password", and indeed, if you logon with the user in question, the old password works, the new administratively-set password does not.

It IS possible to administratively change the password by fully entering into the SU01 transaction to change the user, then changing it on the Logon Data tab and saving changes. That works as normal. It's only the quick-change button from the initial screen that isn't working. It also works for the end-user to change their own password from the web interface logon screen, as usual.

There are no messages recorded in the SM21 system log. There are some entries in the developer trace of the work process, but I cannot positively connect them as being related. The entries are two lines:

WARNING => diag: SemgSyncTransaction: Resync required [w3xxsemg.cpp 3194]

WARNING => diag: SemgSyncTransaction: SyncFrames returned rc=0xffffffcf [w3xxsemg.cpp 3340]

Searching SAP Notes on "SemgSyncTransaction" only returns one Note, 1014596, "Integrated ITS, Internal error Cannot sync", but this does not appear to be relevant, and in any case is contained in a lower Basis support pack level than we currently enjoy. I think these messages are actually being produced when I test logging on with the web interface, and not by the change password function.

I'm still researching and testing, and I may file a low-priority Customer Message about the issue, but if anyone has a thought or knows the answer, I'm sure both the orignal poster and I will be grateful.

Regards,

Matt

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have resolved this issue with the help of SAP support. Here is what you need to do:

If you are not yet on Basis support pack 700.17, you must implement Note 1166395 ("CUA/SU01: Transfer of password with table control actions"). Although the Note references CUA systems and some different symptoms, it is still applicable to this particular issue. Besides code corrections applied via SNOTE, there are also manual actions to be taken in SE80. The key point is that the GUI status PASSWORD in function group SUU5 needs to have the function code for Copy/Enter set to SAVE and not PASS, and this needs to be activated.

If, like us, you are already on sp17, then the final "important" note in the Note is what applies, which is that although everything looks ok in the function group, etc, the changes need to be reactivated. There are no source code corrections to apply. Specifically, follow these steps:

Transaction SE80

Function Group SUU5

Expand GUI Status

Select PASSWORD

Activate (Ctrl-F3)

The status should have already shown as active, but reactivating causes the change to the Enter function (SAVE instead of PASS) to actually take effect.

This worked for us; hopefully it will for you too!

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

That was a really great solution

reactivating the GUISTATUS(PASSWORD) worked great for us.

we upgraded ecc5 to ecc 6 and basis SP 19

This question should be marked as answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Worked great for me too! I had just upgraded a 4.7 system to ECC 6.0 SAP_BASIS 700 SAPKB0018 and had the same issue.

Is this information contained within an SAP note?

Kindest regards,

James

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

It's in Note [1166395|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1166395]. In the Note it does mention that the manual actions may be necessary even after importing the support pack. I don't know if this comes up in the Release and Information Note for the support pack, though. It should.

--Matt

Edited by: Matt Fraser on Nov 25, 2009 7:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!!! It worked for me too - very simply might I add.

We just upgraded to SAP_BASIS 701 0005 SAPKB70105.

I've spent 3 hours pouring through OSS notes, needle in a haystack.

MUCH MUCH appreciated!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt, it is working fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you update SM21 entries regarding Su01 and also check for missing table entries

probably you need to validate post upgrade for this system.

Note 856072 - SU01: Termination in an upgrade system.

regards

nag