Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on Reading the Characteristics Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Could anyone please tell me how do I read the Characteristics Values.

For example in MM02, I go to classification, choose Batch, I get the Characteristics Description and Values. I wanted to know where is this Value been stored.If I use a F1 help against this I get the field ATWRT in table CAWN, But this table does not store this value.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen

9 REPLIES 9

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check below function

• GET THE CLASSIFICATION AND CHARACTERISTICS

CALL FUNCTION <b>'CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS'</b>

EXPORTING

CLASSTEXT = 'X'

CLASSTYPE = C_CLASSTYPE

LANGUAGE = SY-LANGU

OBJECT = W_OBJEK

OBJECTTABLE = C_OBJECTTABLE

KEY_DATE = SY-DATUM

INITIAL_CHARACT = 'X'

CHANGE_SERVICE_CLF = 'X'

TABLES

T_CLASS = T_CLASS

T_OBJECTDATA = T_OBJECTDATA

EXCEPTIONS

NO_CLASSIFICATION = 1

NO_CLASSTYPES = 2

INVALID_CLASS_TYPE = 3

OTHERS = 4.

And tables

<b>SCLASS

CLOBJDAT

CAWN

A901

A057

A004

KONH

MAKT</b>

THE DESCRIPTION VALUES ARE STORED IN THE TABLE <b>CAWNT</b>

GET THE PRODUCTION HIERARCHY (PRDHA) FROM <b>MARA</b>

Plant MARC

regards

vinod

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I tried using the Function Module 'CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS' but I am not getting any values in the output.

I used Class, Classtype, Object(Matnr..not sure), and Objecttable(Mara..not sure) as my input parameters, but I cud not get the required result.The table T_OBJECTDATA which should populate the 'Values' is not blank. Infact all the output table show '0' Entries. I ran the functional module in SE37.

Regards

Prince

0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

Reason may be you might not have provided correct values.

Apart from other vales as mentioned by Vinod, pass the important values as follows:

Class: ( Refer in MM02 what is class type)

class type: 001

Object: <material number>

Rest of the values from SE37 : let it be default as at the tinme of testing this FM.

Then oyu should get results from this FM.

Regds,

Akshay

0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

I tried giving all the parameters as you and the others suggested, my class type will be 023(for Batch), apart from this everything the same and I still have not got the results.

Regards

Prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like to use the functionmodule 'CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS'. Fill importing-parameter:

OBJECT = materialnumber

OBJECTTABLE = 'MARA' (or 'MATERIAL' ? I'm not sure)

Perhaps you also have to define the CLASSTYPE (normally '001' for material).

Regards, Torsten Manhardt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To read the batch values first you go to CABN table there you will get charactersic name ATINN. Then go to INOB table there give class type, database table and key object ( it is a combination of material and batch number) and take internal object number(CUOBJ). Then go to AUSP table there give key object (OBJEK) as the object number got from INOB table and give ATINN read the ATWRT it is the field having the characterstic value.

rajkumar abbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

For getting values using FM use CLAF_CALSSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS. if u want to do the hard way u can do as ...

Read KSSK with Obejct = material number and klart = class type = 002 for batch.

Get the internal class number clint adzhl mafid..

read klah with clint = kssk-clint. get the class name. read cabn for char name atnam and get the internal char no (atinn) read the ksml with clint adzhl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

You can use the BAPI's - depending on your needs

BAPI_OBJCL_GETDETAIL

BAPI_OBJCL_GETCLASSES

BAPI_OBJCL_GETOBJECTS

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers and close the thread if the question is answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Price,

You can also use FM 'CLSE_SELECT_AUSP'.

Regards

Swagatika