cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Inventory Cube, setup table and initialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW gurus

I am trying to setup the BW inventory cube (0ic_c03) for getting stock data.

I have performed the following actions so far

1. In the R/3 system

a: txn RSA5 > SAP R/3 > MM

b. transfer datasources 2LIS_03_BF / BX / UM

2. In the BW system

a: Administrator workbench >Source system > Replicate Infosources

b: Install Business Content > Grouping necessary objects

> Infosources > Infocube > Update Rules

Now using the document How to Inventory document from sdn i am trying to setup the data extraction

1. Activated the Extract structures for 2LIS_03BF and UM using the LO Extraction cockpit

2. While trying to setup the setup tables using the transaction OLI1BW and OLIZBW I am getting an error as no extraction structure active or no BW connected.

Is there some step that i am missing? Is there a procedure note / document that i can follow before the inventory document?

I have been through the several posts on the group and even the blogs of roberto as well but i am unable to find a resolution for this problem.

All helpful answers will be rewarded points..especially prompt ones!

thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Thanks! I managed to solve the problem by reactivating the data sources. There after for the stock initialization i had to go and set the industry key. Once i did that i was able to initialize the stock data.

Now i am trying to populate the setup tables. I tried using the transaction oli1bw (which is for the scenario for filling in the setup tables.) I run this in the background and it completes without any error. However when i check in the table MC03BF0SETUP there is no data available. Is this the correct table to check?

I am a little confused about the procedure after this. for loading the opening stock balances? Does this need to be done in BW or R/3 ?

thanks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav,

You can check if the setup tables are populated by using transaction RSA3. If you see the records here, you need not worry about the populating the set up tables.

Mind you, this has to be done in R/3.

You then need to proceed with the full or init loads in BW. Take care of the marker updates and the update types(full or init) for the respective datasources(BX or BF).

Hope this helps..

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby

Thanks..yes the data is available in RSA3.

As indicated earlier i am following the how to guide for the inventory scenario. I have now setup the initialization tables but i am confused with step number3 on page 12. As i understand it once the data is available in rsa3 i go to the bw system and setup the infosources.

My query is with the specific actions to be taken to perform steps 3 and 4. When i create the infopackage and then schedule it i arrive at step 3. How do i go to step 4 which deals with compression.

These may sound very stupid and simple queries to you but since i am doing this for the first time i am unsure of whether i am following the right track.

Thanks!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aby , San and AHP

I was able to setup the data in the R3 side. Since the problem is now more to deal with the extraction of data into the cubes I'll close this thread and create a new one for it.

Thanks a ton for ur help!

pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the prompt responses!

AHP > The BW system has been setup for quite some time now and i am just trying to activate the inventory cube. The reporting for FI-CO has been happening for some time. Is it still required to implement the note 914268? Is it specific for this inventory cube?

San / Aby > the datasource is visible in the transaction rsa6. I am following the inventory document and that is where my confusion comes from. I have activated the extract structure for the LIS using LBWE. while reading the information on the sdn forums on this transaction i came to know that i need to setup the setup tables before i started the initialization process. This is the reason that this error has come. Furthermore the document also talks about setting up statistical data for the material movements. Is that a part of this or is it something completely different.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav,

it is same as filling up the set up tables for MM.

hope this helps..

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEllo pranav,

In R/3:

transaction LBWE,expand the node 03: inventory controlling. you can see three extract structures(Bf, Um etc). in the update column make them active....

Proceed with the document then...

Hope this helps..

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav,

Go to RSA6 and check if it's installed. Activate the extract structure again in LBWE.

There is how to guide for Inventory follow that, it will be very helpful

Hope it helps.

San.

0 Kudos

hi Pranav,

'.. error as no extraction structure active or no BW connected ..'

try to maintain datasource (click 2lis_....) in LBWE again..

also check oss note 914268-No extraction structure active or no BW connected

Symptom

Within an instance, you use the NetWeaver components of SAP ERP and BW.

When you execute transactions like to fill rebuild tables in Logistics, the system issues the termination message M2 630:

No extraction structure active or no BW connected

The connection test and the settings for the Myself source system are definitely correctly maintained.

Other terms

OLTP, extractor, data extraction, DataSource, API service, SAPI, RSA2_SERV_BW_CONNECTED, OLI1BW, OLIZBW, OLI3BW, OLI9BW, 2LIS_XX_XXX, M2630, SBIW, LIS, rebuild

Reason and Prerequisites

The problem is caused by a program error.

Prerequisites:

Within an instance, you are using the NetWeaver components of SAP ERP and BW. Thus, potential data loading processes are executed by using the Myself source system connection.

No other BW system is connected for data as a target system.

Cause:

Prior to NetWeaver, you could not operate ERP and BW in one common system. For this reason, the case that Logistics data need to be loaded into the same system for BW functions was not considered. The system as "source system" does not recognize that the system is connected as a "BW system".

Solution

To correct the problem, you need Service API 7.00 Support Package 08 or PI 2004.1 4.6C Support Package 13 in the affected source system. The attached composite SAP note informs you on which software components contain Service API 7.0 and lists the corresponding Support Packages of these components.

Alternatively, implement the attached program corrections.

In the BW system, you only need to implement the correction if the BW system is affected in its role as a source system for itselt (myself connection) or for another BW system.

Caution: Service API is an internal component. Therfore, it is not delivered separately but as a part of other software components: PI, CRM, PI_BASIS and several others. Thus, a composite SAP note is created for each SAPI correction note. This composite note describes which Support Packages of the above mentioned software components contain the SAPI correction. However, the composite SAP note will only be released when the corresponding SAPI Support Packages are released.

oss note 373015-Error message when filling the setup table