cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of 100 records in file has error. How to reprocess only one record??

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a scenario where, i receive data in a file, and we create invoices in SAP system from the data records in the file. My file contains 100 records and if there is an error in processing record number 43, how XI can be set up to restart when there are errors?

Re-start of file processing has to commence from the failed record. This should avoid the possibility of double posting of interface records.

Thanks

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I am not sure,if this option is useful for you.

But we do this for Inventory Report(INVRPT) in our case because we have the same requirement.

We receive an EDIFACT file and a record can have errors.Then we don't want to reprocess full file again.

In order to avoid this,we create an IDoc for each line item.

If there is an error in one line item,this IDoc will fail and can be corrected and reprocessed later.

Kindly let me know if this is of any use to you.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey why do you want to reprocess the entire the file if the failure occurs with an IDoc...IDOcs are created per record so you will see 100 idocs from ur one file...the Failed IDOCs can be restarted using the BD 87 transaction... there are std reports to retriggered failed IDOC in the ecc system...

If the failure happens before the IDOCs ar e created then u have to reprocess the entire file anyway...

regards

Arvind R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

XI takes the complete payload as a single message,if there is an error in any one node,message processing is stopped all together.

if you want to continue posting the good records,then you need to split the payload into as many IDOC's as incoming records,this will stop the processing of bad records but will post the good records.

Thanks

Aamir