cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create select-option like element in BSP? Please help!

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a requirement in a BSP report. The report should have a selection screen where there are multiple select-option like elements. For example, let us take a simple example of SFLIGHT report where the selection screen contains CARRID and CONNID as select-option.

In BSP there is no select-option element. So How do I create such a select-option element in BSP with value help as well?

Please give me step by step instructions as I am new to BSP. I have checked weblogs from Mr. Jung but I am not able to understand anything from it. He has given some complicated solutions without explainations and is unsuitable for BSP beginners like me.

I would be really greatfull if somebody can help me.

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't really appreciate your comment: "He has given some complicated solutions without explainations and is unsuitable for BSP beginners like me."

The solution may be complicated, but it isn't fair to say that I don't provide explainations.

As both Sebastain and I have tried to explain to you is that what you are trying to build is not a simple solution nor is it something that beginners should attempt. It requires layers of other knowledge (BSP Extensions, Extension Eventing, MVC, Etc).

I developed in BSP for 3 years before I sucessfully completed a Select-Option Solution. It took lots of other solutions (F4 value help, F1 field help, MVC pattern Classes, etc) to build up to the Select-Option. It simply isn't possible to give you a step 1-10 guide to building select-options.

Even when we were writting the Advanced BSP Book, we placed Select-options in Chapter 18. You truely need everything from chapters 1-17 to full understand the solution. The chapter doesn't wear its title lightly - "Skilled in the Art".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tom's weblogs have the solutions you need but like your efforts they are not simple. If you start with bsp a very good investment is the book "Advanced BSP-Programming".

Regards.