Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file naming convention..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing file to file scenarion in which we have a requirement like

I need to drop the file at the target with specific file naming convention i.e

Vendor_rdf_date_sequencenumber, here date and sequence number are dynamic fields

Sequence number starts from 001 and it should go up to 999 and again when it reaches 999, it should start from 001 these was the requirement

Always the vendor_rdf remains same and the remaining date and seqnumber are dynamic.

example output: nokia_rdf_10022009_001 where date was 10th Feb 2009 and sequence number was 001 and the vendor was nokia and rdf defines repair data file.

can anyone through some light on this issue..

regards

sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use dynamic configuration to achieve this - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabrish,

we are using pi 7.1, is there any other way to handle it in communication channel parameters, without using udf

is the udf mandatory to get this type of file naming convention and also i am not getting any value from the source in this case do i need to map with the constant and concatenate as per the requirement is this the only solution

regards,

sai

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if you can implement a similar logic in your case...as that mentioned in this blog:

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2006/10/05/dynamic-configuration-in-adapter-modules

Regards,

Abhishek.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not necessary that you need any input to the UDF if you dont have anything to take from the source.

you can have no arguments at all in the UDF and thus have constants inside the UDF code to generate your file requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabrish,

In the blog which u mentioned we can handle the date function dynamically but how to handle that sequence number when the scenario is executing the variable which holds the sequencenumber value is getting reintialized and i thing it will always gives the same sequence number..

regards,

sai

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in a similar requirement the sequencing was done via a FM in R3. the sequence numbers were generated as part of the FM and RFC call (RFC lookup) used to retrieve the value. once the value was retrieved, dynamic conf. code does the trick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabrish,

Unfortunately we dont have any FM used in our scenario, because the source is an legacy system and we dont have any code developments at the source end, and we need to handle this at the xi part is there any other way

and also if the IDOC is coming from the source then is there any way that can be handled why because for the other interface also this file naming convention should be used..

if idoc is coming from the r/3 where can we develop this sequence logic i.e in any one of the field in IDOC

regards

sai

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so the options would be to either have the sequence number as part of the IDOC field itself or create a table in R3 and a RFC to have the sequence number stored and retrieved via a lookup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Again how to update the table in R/3 after the process will RFC lookup automatically updates or de we need to do any other configuration

if you have any data wit respect to it request you to suggest..

regards

sai

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the logic will be part of the developed RFC. increment the value after fetching the value from the R3 table