Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check File Deleted or not in NFS

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on one JMS to File scenario,my requirement is i am sending JMS message to File Directory(NFS),when i placed message in target directory(NFS) some Event wil occur and read the message it wil process to SAP and its delete the message from NFS.

When i receive new mesage in JMS scenario start executing , suppose if previous message still in NFS i have to wait to event occured,after deleting message only from NFS only i have to send new msg.

How to implement this scenario,

any valuable inputs welcome...

many thanks,

RAJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the interface determination use the option maintain order at runtime to have an EOIO in effect.

>

suppose if previous message still in NFS i have to wait to event occured,after deleting message only from NFS only i have to send new msg.

> RAJ

in case you need to have actions on the output file, then maybe a script can ensure that

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your replay, can you explain bit clearly how to implement this.

Raj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in your case my understanding is you need to ensure that the old file is not present in the folder before posting the new file?

Best would be schedule a script to ensure the above.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

What you understood my requirement is correct,

Hot schedule script bcz i dont have any idea,can you tel me how to write ??

Regards,

Raj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this will be more a unix script (assuming the underlying OS is unix). the logic would be to ensure that the files being read by SAP will be kept in a specific folder and that whenever a file is read and deleted by sap code move the new file from the file adapters folder to this particular folder.

you can refer various tutorials on scripts to help you - http://www.injunea.demon.co.uk/pages/page205.htm

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If i write Script where i need to add this file in PI?? there is no other way to handle my issue(with BPM).

thanks for your valuable inputs.

Raj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can either ask your n/w or basis to schedule the script or else execute it as part of the OS commands execute it as Run Operating System Command After Message Processing (in the file adapter configuration)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check whether the file exists in the target folder using the "Run Operating System COmmands Before/After Processing " Feature of the File Adapter.

At the command line we have to mention shell script or batch file depending on the Operating system of your PI server. For more details on this topic visit this [Page|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapXIFileAdapterOSCommandLine+Feature]

Regards,

Kalpana.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks alot vijay,i wl try write script file .

Former Member
0 Kudos

a naughty idea -

use 3 folder A,B,C ... make the scenario File-JMS-File

trigger the scenario when the file is arrieved in folder B , and move the file for archieve in folder C.

your scenario will send data from JMS to folder A

After SAP process it will put the file in folder B which will again trigger the scenario

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client wont acceot to chnage the scenario or if i add new scenario.even i thought like that,but its not a acceptable sol.

thanks for u r inputs

many thanks,

Raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

the same question was already asked yesterday - didn't you get any response ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk