cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use PDS for few material and PPM for other material in SCM sysytem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you pl. help me to understand if we can use PDS for few materials ( header materials) and PPM for all other BOM level materials or vice versa in SCM system. If yes is there any impact on the system performance?

Thanks for your help in advance

Thanks and regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh -

I am not sure if your question is clear - you will CIF over materials as separate objects from PDS and PPM. So the BOM level and header materials will be sent to APO as materials (as well as other required master data) then the PDS or PPM will be sent.

If your question is rearding using PPM and PDS concurrently then yes you could use both PDS and PPM's in planning processes with very little if any performance degradation. Source of supply determination works with both sets of production data. The question I have is why? You can CIF BOM level material PDS' over as well as PPM thereby maintaining only PDS'. If you are implementing SCM or upgrading then I recommend using PDS only as that is the direction SAP is going and also the source of PDS data is 100% ECC.

Andy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your assistance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PDS has the priority ove PPM. SAP is not suggesting to use PPMs now. PDS incereses planning efficiency.

As per your question you can use PDS and PPMs for different products. but SNP PPMs and PPDS PPMs will make the difference. You need to be careful while using the combination of PPMs and PDS.

My suggestion go for PDS because it is robust.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can use PPM & PDS both in SCM system only if header and bom level items have different products. If they have common materials, it cannot be done and leads to performance issues.

The functionalities of PPM & PDS both differ, it can overlap between header and bom level items.

But if there is bifurcation of PPM & PDS items (both header and bom level), then only it can be maintained & used.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.