cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need a system that automatically monitors that Precalculation Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

We need a system that will automatically monitor that Precalculation Server is Alive

(Accepts requests for WORKBOOK distribution).

We have SAP BW 3.5 and we use PrecalculationService that sends workbooks by e-mail from chains. Some times service hangs up and all this jobs "sleep" at BTC processes. All BTC processes becomes busy, so other jobs stop.

Does anybody know the way to send an e-mail, when Precalculation service hangs up?

Edited by: Grag Uralev on Jun 16, 2009 9:30 AM

Edited by: Grag Uralev on Jun 16, 2009 2:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope your company would have some monitoring tool to monitor windows services. You could use same to trigger alert via email to you when Precalculation service stops.

Digesh Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I did not mention that the windows service is OK. It is running while Precalculation Server hangs up. There is also Excel.exe in the task manager(it does not exit and it does not run any job).

May be there is the way to monitor number of PrecServer jobs waiting ? Sm50 shows greate number of them. Monitoring queue is a good idea but I do not know haw to do this. We should see that any PrecServer job is running and if not, we should not see waiting jobs.

Answers (0)