SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget transfer issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

My clint have the following issue

"Fund 10100000 current budget is 100.00.

User wants to enter a budget/budget transfer for the amount of -101.00.

The total budget will become negative. This must be prevented and budget should not go negetive."

Please help me,

Thanks and Regards

Gopa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gopa,

If you are using BCS, you should set up budget consistency checks, see note

983853 Missing errors from availability control for negative budget, which explains how to do it.

Please have a look at this note too: 739815 Sign convention in BCS, because it is useful to understand how BCS handles signs.

Hope it helps

Kind regards

Mar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gopa,

If you are using BCS, you should set up budget consistency checks, see note

983853 Missing errors from availability control for negative budget, which explains how to do it.

Please have a look at this note too: 739815 Sign convention in BCS, because it is useful to understand how BCS handles signs.

Hope it helps

Kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue and the last bullet in note 983853 led me in the right direction. For me, the consistency checks would not stop a user from continuing even though an error message appeared to come on the screen. The user could close the message and proceed to click prepost.

After understanding the last bullet on the note I changed the category of our tolerance profile from "Only usage rates allowed" to "Usage rates AND absolute variances allowed".

Then I was able to add activity groups 90 (posted budget) and 95 (budget posted provisionally) to the tolerance profile, set the type of message to "Error message", leave usage rate blank, set the absolute variance to zero (0.00), and in the use of usage rate and abs. Var. column chose "Take absolute variance only". I did not make any changes to any other activity groups.

Afterwards, I would recommend that you reconstruct your AVC data using FMAVCREINIT

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using the consistency check for the Expenditure budget so what is the left append operator and right append i can use in this case.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopa.

0 Kudos

Will, you were allowed to post a preposted document, even using consistency checks, because of the key figure that you used to check the values, it only should take in account the workflow status 'P', if you use a key figure that use WF status 'E' or 'R' (depending on your needs) it should work.

Regards

César