Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Inquiry, Sales pricing

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friends

I have questions pertaining to Inquiry & sales pricing:

Our customer wants an inquiry to be entered in the system.

In VA11 I can do it. But my question is:

1) Here projects are Turnkey project. Each project is unique. So every time I create an inquiry i'll have to update material master (If the material required for the inquiry is not available). And one more thing is, almost 80% of the work is sub-contracted to thrid party. So how do I enter these sub-contract/ service in the inquiry? Do I have to have service master available for this? Or is there any where in I can define these services, like we do in service activity in CJ20N.

I'm not using ECP for cost plan in CJ20N. I'm using network costing. So I'm going for DP82 for sales pricing.

2) My question is, we need inquiry, if we are using ECP & DP81. But my customer wants to have inquiry in the system. Can I have a inquiry in the system & my project have the reference of this inquiry? I don't think logically it's correct. Since I'm generating sales pricing & later quotation from project. But some how, can we establish relation between inquiry & project, when we are using DP82.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amaresh

to do inquiry to quotaion, in project systems u can only do ECP or unit cost planning (as far as i know).

ECP is only a rought cut cost planning. unit cost planning is a cost plan where u estimate cost base on no: of unit used like man hours ...........

so, u plan cost in ECP or unit cost planning and transfer to quotation.

If u have material or services to be planned, u can plan services as no: of man hours , put per hour cost and plan u cost.

Material: Two way of approach: if u have created material master, u can pick the materials whicle planning cost, if not .............take the materials as a VARIABLE in unit cost planning and put a maual cost and no: of unit required and plan your cost.

Regards

Surya

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I know that, if you want to use inquiry, then you have to plan costs using ECP.

We are not using ECP. We are using n/w costing. Using network costing also we can do sales pricing/quotation.

My question is, is it possible to link inquiry to the project, provided i'm using DP82.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also like to know whether we can generate sales pricing/quotation from network costing?

Is it possible?

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible. Use DP82 & do appropriate customizing in DIP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know, DP82 is used to create sales pricing w/o any reference to inquiry......probably you can create a user field and provide the inquiry data there....but complete reference is only possible by DP81.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If want to use Inquiry and Network costing then you can create an Inquiry ,enter the DIP profile in sales B View .Create a project,and carry out network costing.Assign the Billing WBSE in account assignment tab of Sales Inquiry.Run DP81 and create the Quotation

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible. Use DP82 & do appropriate customizing in DIP.

It is possible to use network costing for DP82?

In the DIP (ODP1), we would specify easy cost planning as the source if we are using easy cost planning to plan the cost.

If we are using network costing, what would be the source?

Regards.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If we are using network costing, what would be the source?

"Planned costs - Total Records"

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

our client executes Turnkey projects. Which involves about 80% of sub-contracting.

When we create inquiry in the system, how do we capture the service/sub-contracts?

Like we refer matarial master for materials, put quantities & rate will be picked up from the material master.

For service how it should be handled? Can we enter service & price manually? Or do we need to maintain service master?

Please give your inputs.

Thanks

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friends

I have questions pertaining to Inquiry & sales pricing:

Our customer wants an inquiry to be entered in the system.

In VA11 I can do it. But my question is:

1) Here projects are Turnkey project. Each project is unique. So every time I create an inquiry i'll have to update material master (If the material required for the inquiry is not available). And one more thing is, almost 80% of the work is sub-contracted to thrid party. So how do I enter these sub-contract/ service in the inquiry? Do I have to have service master available for this? Or is there any where in I can define these services, like we do in service activity in CJ20N.

I'm not using ECP for cost plan in CJ20N. I'm using network costing. So I'm going for DP82 for sales pricing.

2) My question is, we need inquiry, if we are using ECP & DP81. But my customer wants to have inquiry in the system. Can I have a inquiry in the system & my project have the reference of this inquiry? I don't think logically it's correct. Since I'm generating sales pricing & later quotation from project. But some how, can we establish relation between inquiry & project, when we are using DP82.

Thanks

My question is, is it possible to link inquiry to the project, provided i'm using DP82

Someone try to answer this please.