cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Key Field not visible on destination during Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have made certain tables(Main, Flat,QT) remote key enabled. but when i m trying to import data remote key field in the destination side doesn't come up. Remote sys is of type Inbound/Outbound. Please let me know in case any one can provide any link to this.

Thanks

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You are still facing the same problem? If no, then kindly update the thread status.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Remote key field will not be visible in the Import Manager if your inbound remote system is MDM. Create the remote system with different name and while opening remote system, use that remote system created.

Regards,

JItesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

I replied to your query in separate thread, That should help.

Cheers!!

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I have made certain tables(Main, Flat,QT) remote key enabled. but when i m trying to import data remote key field in the destination side doesn't come up. Remote sys is of type Inbound/Outbound. Please let me know in case any one can provide any link to this.

There are 2 steps to get the remote key in the Import Manager destination side. One is to ensure that the key mapping is set to YES in Console ( which I guess you have already done). And the other is while Opening import Manager, choose the Remote system in the Connect to Source screen.i.e Mention the remote system name in the Remote System in the Import Manager dialog Box. This would get you the remote key on the destination side, that you are looking out for.

For reference refer the link below to get the info:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30843106-5539-2b10-75a9-da483911...

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I have performed this step too, but still Remote key field is not visible on destination side. Guess im missing some other basic step.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remote key field is not visible on destination side Remote key is not visible in MDM Import Manager at destination side. As you have imported records after your source field mapped with your destination Remote Key. These Remote keys values will be visible in MDM Data Manager and MDM syndicator only. In MDM Data Manager, select destination table as your current table for which you have imported records say if your maintable is Products then Right click on any record Edit Key Mapping wherein you will able to see your Remote Key value with Source system(RemoteSystem) which you have selected during Import Manager Remote System Property.

Best Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Im not to see the keys even in Data Manager but they are visible in syndicator. Basically i wnt to perform auto import of lookups and QT using key mapping. But since Remote key field is not coming up in dest'n side im not able to do so..

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manish,

I tried doing the scenario here. I have taken one access file and added some values in it. I has a Material Type table in my repository.

1. Made Key Mapping YES for that table in console.

2. Created one remote system of type inbound/Outbound. And while connecting to the Import manager, I chose, type as Access and Remote system as the Remote System I had created.

3. Pressed Ok. Choose the Source table and from destination side, choose the Look-UP table for which you had made your Remote Key as YES.

4. I found, the remote key in the destination side.

I did these steps and got it. Please check if you are missing something out of this.Apart from this, I do not think there is any other setting required.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain