cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change item category Display mode in sales order (Third Party )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am creating sales order with reference to sales contract but at the time of sales order we don't have enoff stock to deliver to customer , so we have deiced to Third party sales process

But the problem is while creating a sales order with reference to Sales contract the line item of the sales order in grad Mode ( Not changeable mode )

Can any one guide me how sales order line item should be in active mode so i can change the Item category as a TAS third party item category

Help me regards this

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do the settings in VOV4 the item category assignment.

Here you can asssign the manual item category TAS apart from your

present item category. Then in sales order fro that partcular item you can

manually change the item category to TAS. Henceforth the item will behave as

Third party item. Hope itwill help you.

Thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Thanks for response

I maintain all configuration, But the problem is while creating Sales Order with reference to Contract

the Sales Order line item in grad Mode i am unable to change item category as TAS

i mean TAN is on Display Mode

and we are using Varient config for that material

Please guide me where i need to Configure so system should allow me change item category in sales order please guide me

Thanks

Rajesh

Edited by: RAJESH KUMAR on Jun 16, 2009 10:23 PM

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you tell me whether in your Sales order line item the item category which is

in grey mode is having the picklist of TAS also. If your VOV4 settings are fine and the TAS is

reflecting in your picklist of item category then you problem is with variant config of Material.

Thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

The problem with varient confg material we are using and Item Category TAC we are maintain Structure scope As D so while creating sales order or contract system will pop up BOM so we can enter the values

the problem with Structure scope D in item category TAS that a reason system displaying sales order line item in grad mode

i need above config to maintain values in BOM

Could u help me out item category field should be in editable mode

THANKS

rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In this case you can determine manual item category(if you are running less of stock).

For this in IMG-Sales-Sales Docs- Sales Docuement Item- Item Category Determination,

determine your item category as TAS, with reference to higher item category(Which is your present item category).

Rest of the settings for both item categories can be as existing.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't try to change the Item category Manually.Go to Copy Control VTAA , then maintain the assignment between the Document Type of Contract & Third Party Document Type.Maintain the same at Item Level also with the Item category of Contract & Third Party Document Type.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope this link will be useful.