cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Interactive form structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing problem with the new requirement of change in the structure of adobe interctive form created through webdynpro.

Earlier we had 25 fields in the structure used for the form created through WD

Now Client want to delete 2 fields & add 2 extra fields in that.

If i will chnage the structure in SAP, how it will reflect in my Form Interface? Do i have to create the form again?

If i am changing the structure in SAP, how do i change in the view context(delete & add it again with binding or only add extra fields) how the new structure will come in the interactive form datasource.How the interface(XML schema based) will get change as per the new structure?

If i will get the new structure i will change the form in SFP.

The only problem is the same interface is also used in some other form on which Client dont want to cahnge anything.

Please suggest.

Cheers,

Nik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same difficulty, if you managed to find out the solution could you reply to this thread.

(As a newbie to this area SAP's documentation is bit strange, compared to Microsoft application development tools where most of my experience comes from SAP's documentation is poor. If there is a tutorial it has only simplified step by step instructions and then maybe an interface description but not that much of how-to-do instructions.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, the interface can be updated by double clicking the template source after the context element mapped as form's data source has been updated. The SE80 will know when the context element has changed.

Was this documented somewhere?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Was this documented somewhere?

Yes. In the online help:

Editing the Web Dynpro Context or the Form Interface at a Later Stage

If you determine during the development of your form that more data or less data is required in the form, then you should adjust it accordingly to the context bound to the dataSource property. The form interface can then be regenerated: The form interface is adjusted by selecting the Generate XML Schema function.

You can also regenerate the form interface by navigating forards to the templateSource property of the InteractiveForm UI element.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/a06781fb696bb9e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm