Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a released program?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if I want to change on the released program, is there a way to unrelease it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way to unrelease a program after it has been released.

You will have to create a new request, make the required changes to the program and then transport the new request.

Regards,

Sameena

8 REPLIES 8

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there will be cancel release, in the menu. please check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maui,

You can create a new request for new changes. Generally it is not recommended to cancel a release.

Hope this helps

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way to unrelease a program after it has been released.

You will have to create a new request, make the required changes to the program and then transport the new request.

Regards,

Sameena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about a tr. request releasing?

As Vijay suggested, create a new request and attach the program to that. while transporting make sure that the first one goes first, and then the last one.

Regards,

Ravi

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

r u talking about releasing an object or releasing a request?

if object is releaes, we can unrelease it in the menu option, example in se37, u can check.

if it is a request, u cannot unrelease.

what is ur problem?

Message was edited by: Hymavathi Oruganti

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

GO THROUGH THIS LINK,I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM

http://www.thespot4sap.com/Articles/SAP_ABAP_Queries_Introduction.asp

THANKS

MRUTYUN

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maui,

I am not 100% sure what you want to do, but if you want to go back to an older version of your program you can do this as follows:

1) In transaction SE38 (or SE37 if it is a function module) follow the menu path <i>Utilities -> Versions -> Version management</i>.

2) Select the version you want to retrieve and click on the button <i>Retrieve</i>.

Regards,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi maui,

do u want to do modifications to already released program ,if i am rite first save the program with another request number and do modifications whatever u want and then transport it.Then,Delete the program which is with previous request number which inturn generates a new request number when u delete, then transport this new request nuber which inturn also deletes program in other server where u transported.Now in other server u will be having program which u modified that is with new req. number.

regards

sandhya