cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to set some of my customers to be invoiced at the end of the month............how do i do this? do i need to creat a factory calender for them, assign it to the customer master? please advice on steps tp follow on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It really depends on what the Billing Date should be and how crucial it is.

If you just need to create the invoices once a month, then a simplest solution would be to run the Billing Due (VF04 / SDBILLDL) once a month. But in this case there would be nothing to prevent the users from accidentally (or not?) running VF04 manually in the middle of the month.

If you set up a special calendar, then the billing date will be the last day of the month. Again, unfortunately, there would be nothing preventing the users from running VF04 prematurely, but in this case this wouldn't be an accident because the users would have to set the date into future on purpose.

Another possible option would be to set the billing block and then remove it at the end of the month, but this would require some additional programming. It is a somewhat fool-proof option though.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a factory calendar in OVR3 with last day as working day and remaining as holidays .

Assign the special rule for this factory and assing this factory calendar to the customers in the Billing tab INVOICE DATES & INVOICELIST DATES.

Then for all the customers to whom factory calender assigned can get the billing on the last day of the month.

To get all the billings created atomatically you have to schedule the batch job using the program SDBILLDL.

regards

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joi,

A very simple way to do this by scheduling a batch job for billing due list of these customer. I dont think for this u need to create factory calendar. Just schedule the job which will run every month.

Thanks,

Raja