cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to Learn?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am basically a Microsoft Developer and getting trained in SAP ABAP.

What else i should learn to strengthen my Skills in SAP side.

How about HR ABAP & EP etc things?

or else any Functional Module needed?

What else can suite a Webdeveloper to Learn in SAP?

Let me know suggesstions.

Thanks

Jen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

IT IS REALLY NICE THAT PEOPLE SHOWING GREAT INTERST IN SAP .

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT IT WOULD HELP A LOT TO DIVERSIFY YOUR KNOWLEDGE FURTHER,

AND AS YOU HAVE MENTIONED IN YOUR QUERY EVERYTHING IS GOOD TO LEARN AND AQUIRE KNOWLEDGE.

IF YOU KNOWS ABAP THAN IT IS BETTER TO LEARN HR ABAP BECAUSE IT IS A VERY DIFFERENT CONCEPT THAN THE NORMAL ABAP MODULE.

AS FAR AS EC IS CONCERNED IT IS ALSO A VERY INTERESTIONTHING TO LEARN BUT IF YOU SHOULD HAVE SOME JAVA KNOWLEGE.THOUGH ITS NOT A BIG ISSUE TO LEARN JAVA SO I HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU TO DEVELOP YOUR KNOWLEDGE FURTHER.

ABAP OR ANY OF ITS MODULE DOES NOT NEED ANY FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE.IF YOU HAVE ANY THAN ITS WELL AND GOOD

A WEBDEVELOPER MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN .NET OR JAVA AND I DO HOPE YOU HAVE GOOD KNOWLEDGE IN .NET SO ABAP DOES NOT REQUIRE MUCH KNOWLEDGE IN OTHER CONCEPTS.YOU CAN DIRECTLY START ABAP.

THANKS

MRUTYUN

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also learn and be more skilled in ABAP HR area ; mainly because HR module differs from many other modules in its methods of storage and access to data , use of macros ,use of Logiical database ,use of infotypes and so on.

Regards,

Gayathri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Many thanks for reply. I think many people suggesting EP & WAS.

Can anybody tell me what we really do with EP & WAS? In what way i can use it.. i don't have knowledge in JAVA.

No body discussed about HR ABAP!!!

Anyway i am planning to do one fun. module.

Please post more replies..

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jen,

Since you have just come into SAP. I would recommend that get good expertise in ABAP and then move on to advanced topics in SAP ABAP and then gradually move on to New dimensions products.

SAP is an ocean. You cant become a expert in few months time. If you try to learn to many things it would not work out.

There are 100's of new technology which is introduced by SAP on a continous R&D basis. So its exteremely difficult as an individual to learn so many things. My personal suggestions is to become an expert in one doamins and slowly move on to new doamins.

The best place to find new technology information is www.sap.com

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to SDN.

You can start of using any one functional module.

I started off using MM functional module. This make you aware of the tables and how you can use them in your ABAP program to try out different functionalities.

As a webdeveloper, you can get your self aquainted with Netweaver Java componenets of SAP.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please mark helpful answers.

former_member184569
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Netweaver anyway would be the best option.. In Netweaver, since you are a Web developer, I guess, WAS and EP would be the best.

Thanks,

Susmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest SAP Netweaver for which would be an extension of ur web developer skills.

Regards,

Anjali

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

just continue your training and familiarize yourself with terms such as BDC, IDOC, SAPscript, ALV, dialog programming, smartforms, etc. You could ask your instructor about these and just practice. Also, you could familiarize yourself with WAS(web application server, EP(enterprise portals),etc.

P.S. Kindly click on the star if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best bet would be SAP Enterprise Portals ... in my opinon.

Regards,

Ravi