cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the server name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have our sandbox system in the solution manager and configurations done. Recently we have changed the hostname of the sandbox system viz., xy00yz01 to ab00bc0...now coming to the question...can I change the sandbox hostname in the solution manager so that the pre-existing configuration settings work? Does this work or Is there any alternative?

Thanks and Regards,

Damanaidu J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go thorugh SAP note 8307 which tells you what step you need to take while changing host name..

Thanks

sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question was not to change the name of a host server as such...say i have a server with name xy00yz01 and i have changed it to ab00bc01...i have done configuration settings for my satelite system with name xy00yz01in solution manager...now those settings can't be detected by the solution manager as the host name of my satelite system is now ab00bc01...so my question is whether I can change the host name of the satellite system to ab00bc01 from the solution manager setup so that I can all the configuration settings detected.

Thanks and Regards,

Damanaidu J

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not found any specific oss note for this but I think in general you should be able to just adopt the server name in SMSY and adopt the IP/FQDN etc. Once you re-syncronize the server settings via SMSY the SolMan should recognize the new sandbox system.

If your SolMan does not recognize the new sandbox system via the RFC, what is the error you are getting when you make an RFC connection test?

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Nesimi is correct, do change the settings in SMSY, add your system with new name, then check whether it is working or not.