cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Logging

tom_cole3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was wondering if there was any default logging done by the portals when a web dynpro application is accessed.

I have a client that claims all their iviews are logging somewhere each time they are accessed by a user so they can see who accessed what. However they claim that the Web Dynpro iViews we have developed for them do not do this logging.

Is there any setting to enable this client access type of logging or does it need to be coded directly into the web dynpro application?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi As per my knowledge,

In the portal you can monitor the page, Not the iview.

By default the page monitoring is set to false and you can make it to true so in the activity log report you can find out the users who have visited the page.

If you put the webdynpro iview in a page and set the monitoring property of that page, you will be able to log these info from the portal

AM

tom_cole3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. Apperntly the customer had referenced iViews via delta links to their roles, and not the pages.

Our pages are set to Monitor hits, but not users so a simple change should fix that.

Thanks again for your reply.

tom_cole3
Explorer
0 Kudos

The client is using Portal Activity Monitoring as referenced in this link: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12406] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

They do have the Monitor Hits option selected for all iViews and Pages, but apparently the web dynpro iviews/pages we have setup still aren't logging.

Is there anything special that needs to be done for Web Dynpro iViews?

Many thanks in advance.

Answers (0)