cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Import Transport Request - Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dears,

I have some issues/doubts with my ChaRM process.

- Before the u201CImport Transport Request (Background)u201D on QAS environment, if I change the status to u201CGo Liveu201D in SCMA, I can u201CImport Transport Request (Background)u201D on PRD environment, without any verification in the support message.

Example: If the support message was in u201CTest statusu201D, on SCMA I can import to production environment. Wouldnu2019t have be a check or lock to not allow this action?

- Exist any way to select the requests to import to PRD environment?

Regards to all,

FS

Edited by: Fabio Sato on Jun 15, 2009 7:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Here are some of the answers to your query:

1. The Transport Request will not get added to production buffer till you import it in your quality system (so there will be nothing in the production buffer to import if its not already imported in QAS)

2. The SCMA 'execute' access and import to production is a restricted access and only the ADMIN or IT Operators should have this access. The end users under no circumstances should have import to production authorization. If its only the system admin i am not sure why would he try to import to production without moving to QAS.

3. Import to QAS is normally done through Background Jobs scheduled at regular frequency (hourly etc). So any transport which was released will move to QAS.

4. When you put your correction document in status 'Tested Successfully' it means the user setting the status has tested the changes in QAS (so the transport should be in QAS for testing first).

Hope this helps...

Thanks & Regards,

Kriti Bhalla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kriti,

About your explanations i have two issues. In my process test of the ChaRM, first, it's impossible to schedule a job hourly. Do you know how i can do this? I only schedule the job daily. Second, before the importation on QAS environment the request is added to production buffer. The problem is on Importation to PRD. If i change the status of the Maintenance Plan to "Go Live", the importation to PRD was able to be done, independetly of the status of the correction document. The question is: the action of the importation to PRD wouldn't have check the correction document?

Thank you for your help.

FS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fabio

you have several options to schedule transports for like every hour

TMS jobs must be scheduled via STMS. To do this:

1) Goto transaction STMS

2) Select 'Overview --> Imports'

3) Double click on the system you wish to schedule the job for

4) Click on the truck icon to schedule an import all job (only import

all jobs may be scheduled as periodic)

5) Fill in target client, if necessary

6) Select 'At start time' and fill in the date and time

7) Next to 'Period' there is a box with a gray background. If you

click in the box a drop-down arrow will appear. Click on this.

😎 Select your period from the menu options and click on the green

check.

9) Click on the green check again and your job will be scheduled.

or

you schedule the automatic import of u_rgent corrections via /TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_UC

see this link for details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/96/0737423df2b26be10000000a155106/content.htm

nesimi

Edited by: Nesimi Buelbuel on Jun 18, 2009 11:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Unfortunately ChaRM doesn't check the status of the correction document before importing to production. This does cause a lot of problem since any transport which was released and is in production buffer will be imported irrespective of the status on correction document.

You will have to manually verify that all the transports in the production buffer have the required status on their correction document before importing the maintenance cycle.

Worst case: you may have to remove some transports from the production buffer which are still not ready to go to production or which do not have correct status on 'correction document'.

Thanks & Regards,

Kriti Bhalla