cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Package long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have an issue, when i apply any support package, for example SAPKE60026, taking longtime for execute in the phase MAIN IMPORT. This is a new installation ECC 6.0 SR3 Windows, Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1, the SPAM version is 35 and the Kernel patch level is 179. the SID is CPD. When the installation finished i run the command with the user cpdadm:

brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t all -o SAPSR3DB

and

brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t all -o SAPSR3

in the past i have a similar issue with MAXDB, in that opportunity we fix it whit update statistics (duration= 3hours) but in this case the update statistics run in one minute, or less, I dont work with Oracle, is new for me.

Thanks in advance

Alberto Gil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for starters, Oracle 10.2.0.1 is not supported, upgrade to 10.2.0.2 or 10.2­,0.4

also install latest minipatch on top of your Oracle version.

adapt as per SAP note 830576.

you can also consider using DOWNTIME MINIMIZED option from SPAM, this way, the main import step can be run during online time and will minimized your offline downtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

I would probably take a step back and determine where the slow response time is occurring.

Can you create a response time profile?

Each system is different (depending on how you have things Architected and Setup)...once you determine the bottleneck then you can address it...

Anything else will be a guess...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alberto,

You can collect stats with below command in Oracle.

brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t all -f collect -p 4

run this & let us know the result.

Thanks

sushil